Procurement policies and legislation
Our procurement processes address the relevant legislation, including:
- Local Government Act 1972
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Equalities Act 2010
- Localism Act 2011
- Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012
- Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- Local Government Transparency Code 2015
- Concessions Contract Regulations 2016
GOV.UK provides further guidance about procurement.
The procurement process is also governed by our own policies. Suppliers are advised, as a minimum, to review the following policies and considerations before submitting a tender.
Suppliers must ensure they understand and incorporate these requirements in their submissions. The requirements will be treated as implied terms of working with us.
- Equality and diversity
- Anti-poverty strategy
- Living Wage accreditation
- Environmental and sustainability policies
- Health and safety
- Data protection
- Freedom of information
- Social value [PDF, 14.4MB]
Suppliers are advised that we cannot release commercially sensitive information, including schedules of rates, financial information, and so on. We will also not issue copies of tender submissions, as doing so could negatively impact future competition.