Market trading stalls and licensing
You need a licence to become a market trader.
The general market (Market Square)
A stall at Market Square for Monday to Sunday costs between £16.32 and £37.88 per day, depending on location and day of the week.
Availability is on a week-to-week basis and you'll first need to complete a market stall licence application form (available below).
- Stalls come with:
- two power points
- a 16-amp fuse
- stall framework and top sheet
- market boards (as and when available)
- supporting half bars (a returnable £25 deposit per bar is required)
- cardboard recycling
- refuse facility
- washroom facility
- Casual trading (for existing traders) will be charged an additional £5 premium per stall
- Hot food traders will be charged an additional £7 premium per stall per day
- License amendment £30
Payments need to be made through our customer service centre.
- Market_application_form [PDF, 1.1MB]
- Charter regulations: Final draft, May 2016 [PDF, 81kB]
- Markets information [PDF, 320kB]
- Direct debit form [PDF, 236kB]
Please allow 14 days for your application to be processed (at busy times this maybe longer)
If you intend to sell food on Cambridge markets you will also need to register your business.
General market layout
The image below shows the layout of the stalls in Market Square, and the price bands.
|Monday to Friday||Premium||£19.73|
- There's no parking for market traders.
- Unloading times are from 6.30 to 9.30am, and your vehicle must be removed after unloading.
- Loading is permitted after 4pm.