The pool opens for the summer on Saturday 11 May.
- Phone 01223 302579
- Jesus Green, off Chesterton Road
- Jesus Green outdoor pool on Google Maps.
Jesus Green pool is managed for us by GLL.
|Ticket type||Non-member||Pay-and-play member||Pay-and-play student||Pay-and-play concession|
|Adult sauna and swim||£7.20||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Adult season ticket||£104.50||£73.50||Not applicable||£52.30|
|Junior season ticket||£36.80||£25.80||Not applicable||£18.50|
|Adult season ticket and sauna||£155||£124||Not applicable||£102.80|
About the pool
- Pool is around 91 metres long, and it ranges from 1.2 to 2.5 metres in depth.
- Separate male and female changing and shower facilities are available, with a basket room for clothes storage.
- Lots of grassed and paved areas for sunbathing. The pool is surrounded by mature trees that act as a windbreak.
The complex is managed by GLL in partnership with the Council.
Getting to the pool
- Several racks for cycle parking are available outside the pool, and Park Street cycle park is only a short walk away.
- Buses stop nearby on Chesterton Road and Bridge Street – Traveline provides public transport information
- There is no dedicated parking for the pool, but there are spaces with parking meters on Chesterton Road, and Park Street car park is just across Jesus Green.
During public-swimming sessions. Must be accompanied at all times by a person over 17 years of age. Please notify receptionist
BETTER card holders aged 17 or under
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4-6pm. BETTER leisure upgrade subscription required (available from Abbey Pools, Parkside Pools)
The pool has disabled toilet facilities and there is a hoist to enter the pool.
- The pool is one of the few remaining examples of the lidos that were built across the country in the 1920s and 30s.
- It's the largest pool in Cambridge and one of the longest outdoor pools in the country.
Friends of Jesus Green Pool
The Friends of Jesus Green Pool group was set up to arrange social opportunities and events for patrons of the pool.
It also acts as the main consultation body and public voice for the pool.
Recent group activities include start- and end-of-season parties and an annual day trip to Dunwich every October.
Please contact the pool for more information on the group.