Inclusive sport and fitness
There are a number of different and exciting activities for all people with a disability in the city. These are all provided by established local Sports Clubs, led by experienced coaches or instructors. They take place all year round at various venues across the city.
Disability sports activities for adults and young people
There are many different sports activities available for both adults and young people with disabilities.
- Multi sports with Cambridge Adult Disability Multisport Club (CADMUS)
- Gym and exercise classes
- Adapted rowing
- Martial arts
- Adapted cycling
- Rhythm and moves class
For more details about these sports, including times, costs and venues, please download this disability sports for adults information [PDF, 147kb].
Young people's activities
- Multi Sports
- Kung Fu
- Adapted cycling
For more details about these sports, including times, costs and venue’s, please download this disability sports for children information [PDF, 133kB]
Funding for sport
Clubs that wish to or already cater for people with additional needs are able to receive funding, support or advice to provide additional support for people to take part in sport.
Disability inclusive sport funding - Cambridge City Council
Funding of up to £200 is available to support local clubs, sports centres and coaching organisations who want to deliver disability or inclusive sport/activity sessions. Funding can be used to support or fully fund the following:
- Making your current activities inclusive – to provide additional coaching, publicity, specialist equipment, subsidised rate access for disabled participants etc.
- Developing new, specific disability sessions – hall hire, coaching, specialist equipment, publicity etc.
For an application form please contact email@example.com
Stepping Stone funding
- Support to any club that is recognised as a Sport England sport (for more information see the Living Sport website) to include people with additional needs within their club.
- Funding to support individuals to access sessions. Funding could be used in a number of different ways, these could include: being able to offer discounts on membership or fees, buying additional equipment, training for coaches or club personnel.
- Funding will be given per new member who is eligible to the scheme and will be given on a case by case basis depending on needs of individual and or club. (14yrs+ only)
For information about Stepping Stone Funding, visit the Living Sport website.
Countrywide disability activities
For countrywide disability activities, and information about the Ability Plus group network, please visit the Living Sport website.