Improve your business's energy efficiency
By becoming more energy efficient, businesses can take control of their energy use, reduce avoidable loss and cut their energy bills.
Energy saving has many other benefits, including increased productivity, a more comfortable working environment, increased competitiveness and increased profitability.
Improving energy efficiency and reducing carbon emissions:
- Set up a green office team to promote green messages and set up environmental initiatives at work.
- The Business Energy Efficiency Cambridge and Peterborough programme (BEECP) programme provides free support to help eligible organisations become more energy efficient. Eligible businesses can access a range of funded services including onsite energy reviews, grant support, and specialist technical consultancy.
- Carbon Trust Smart SMEs includes tools and guides, including a link to online support and resources for small and medium-sized organisations. It also includes practical advice and solutions to help SMEs identify and implement actions to reduce their energy overheads and improve their bottom line. Their SME Carbon Network (requires login) is a free, online community designed to help share knowledge and best practice.
START2ACT is an energy-efficiency support programme. Businesses taking part in START2ACT will receive three visits from a Carbon Trust expert. The visit will identify low-cost energy saving opportunities, and provide support with understanding and managing energy. It includes a training pack with top tips, easy-to-use templates, checklists and energy saving materials.
- SME Guide to Energy Efficiency (2015) which sets out low-cost measures that small and medium businesses can start saving energy.
- Travel for Cambridgeshire (TfC) can assist organisations to develop sustainable travel plans and arrange cycle training for staff.