Strategic Housing Market Assessment
The information in it is updated regularly, and ongoing improvements to it are being made.
Private sector house condition surveys
We conduct private sector house condition surveys as a way of maintaining a detailed picture of housing conditions in the private sector.
The survey results help us form strategies and inform investment decisions, and feed into statistical returns and other internal reports.
The most recent one was carried out in 2015. This was made up of two elements: a report based on modelling of the housing stock; and an interactive atlas which pulls together a range of data from other sources.
- Cambridge Stock Modelling Report 2015 [PDF, 3MB]
- Stock Condition Interactive Atlas (link to Cambridgeshire Insight web page)
Our previous housing condition survey was in 2009
Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Needs Assessment
A Gypsy & Traveller Accommodation Assessment was published in 2016, covering the areas of Cambridgeshire, King's Lynn & West Norfolk, Peterborough and West Suffolk. This replaces the previous assessment carried out in 2006 and reviewed in 2011.
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment 2016 [PDF, 6.5MB]
- Cambridge sub-region Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Needs Assessment 2011 [link to Cambridgeshire Insight]
- Cambridge sub-region Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Needs Assessment 2006 [PDF, 720kB]
Strategic Housing Key Facts
Statistics on housing in Cambridge, including information on house sales and private rents, Council homes, applicants on the housing register (Home-Link) and new homes required. Updated quarterly.
A high level summary is available, as well as a full set of data for each quarter.
- SUMMARY Strategic Housing Key Facts December_2017 [PDF, 293kB]
- SUMMARY Strategic Housing Key Facts September_2017 [PDF, 293kB]
- SUMMARY Strategic Housing Key Facts June 2017 [PDF, 296kB]
- Strategic Housing Key Facts December 2017_ [PDF, 1MB]
- Strategic Housing Key_Facts_September_2017 [PDF, 1MB]
- Strategic Housing Key Facts September 2015 [PDF, 1MB]
- Strategic Housing Key Facts June 2015 [PDF, 1MB]
- Strategic Housing Key Facts March 2015 [PDF, 1MB]
- Strategic Housing Key Facts December 2014 [PDF, 0.8MB]
- Strategic Housing Key Facts September 2014 [PDF, 0.9MB]
- Strategic Housing Key Facts June 2014 [PDF, 0.9MB]
- Strategic Housing Key Facts March 2014 [PDF, 0.6MB]
- Strategic Housing Key Facts December 2013 [PDF, 0.7MB]
- Strategic Housing Key Facts September 2013 [PDF, 0.5MB]
Cambridgeshire housing research
Cambridgeshire Insight is a shared knowledge base for the Cambridgeshire area, which includes data and research on a range of housing and other issues.
In 2012 a survey of residents in three new developments in Cambridge was carried out to help learn about who has moved in, what choices they have made, and what they think about where they live. This was one of a series of surveys new development surveys across the Cambridge housing sub-region, and a report has been drawn up comparing the results of these different surveys.
- 01223 457000