Housing key facts
Statistics on housing in Cambridge, covering on house sales and private rents; council homes, applicants on the housing register (Home-Link); homelessness and rough sleeping; new homes required; and general information on population, households and the economy.
From September 2022 Housing Key Facts has a new look and some of the data has changed.
Updates will now be every six months, providing data for September and March each year, rather than three-monthly.
- Council housing key facts [PDF, 0.3MB]
- Homelessness and [PDF, 0.4MB] rough sleeping key facts [PDF, 0.4MB] - Amended December 2022
- House sales key facts [PDF, 0.4MB]
- Housing register applicants and lettings key facts [PDF, 0.3MB]
- New homes key facts [PDF, 0.3MB]
- Population, households and economy key facts [PDF, 0.4MB]
- Private rented housing key Facts [PDF, 0.4MB]
Strategic Housing Market Assessment
Cambridgeshire Insight publishes a strategic housing market assessment. It is updated regularly, and ongoing improvements to it are being made.
Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Needs Assessment
A Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment was published in 2016, covering the areas of Cambridgeshire, King's Lynn & West Norfolk, Peterborough and West Suffolk. This replaced the previous assessment, which was carried out in 2006 and reviewed in 2011.
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment 2016 [PDF, 0.7MB]
- Cambridge sub-region Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Needs Assessment 2006 [PDF, 0.3MB]
A further assessment is currently under way.
Build to rent research
This research assesses the role that purpose-built housing for rent (‘build to rent’) might take in the local area. It was commissioned by us, South Cambridgeshire District Council and West Suffolk Council.
- The Build to Rent Market in Greater Cambridge and West Suffolk [PDF, 7MB]
- Build to Rent Market Strategic Overview and Summary of Site-Specific Appraisals [PDF, 0.4MB]
- Build to Rent Market Demand Appraisal: North East Cambridge [PDF, 6.5MB]
- Build to Rent Market Demand Appraisal: Bourn Airfield [PDF, 4.5MB]
- Build to Rent Market Demand Appraisal: Northstowe [PDF, 5MB]
- Build to Rent Market Demand Appraisal: Waterbeach [PDF, 4.5MB]
Private sector house condition surveys
We conduct private sector house condition surveys as a way of maintaining a detailed picture of housing conditions in the private sector.
The survey results help us form strategies and inform investment decisions, and feed into statistical returns and other internal reports.
The most recent one was carried out in 2015. This was made up of two elements: a report based on modelling of the housing stock; and an interactive atlas which pulls together a range of data from other sources.
Our previous housing condition survey was in 2009
Cambridgeshire housing research
Cambridgeshire Insight is a shared knowledge base for the Cambridgeshire area, which includes data and research on a range of housing and other issues.