Strategic Housing Market Assessment
The information in it is updated regularly, and ongoing improvements to it are being made.
Private sector house condition surveys
We conduct private sector house condition surveys as a way of maintaining a detailed picture of housing conditions in the private sector.
The survey results help us form strategies and inform investment decisions, and feed into statistical returns and other internal reports.
The most recent one was carried out in 2015. This was made up of two elements: a report based on modelling of the housing stock; and an interactive atlas which pulls together a range of data from other sources.
Our previous housing condition survey was in 2009
Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Needs Assessment
A Gypsy & Traveller Accommodation Assessment was published in 2016, covering the areas of Cambridgeshire, King's Lynn & West Norfolk, Peterborough and West Suffolk. This replaces the previous assessment carried out in 2006 and reviewed in 2011.
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment 2016 [PDF, 719KB]
- Cambridge sub-region Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Needs Assessment 2006 [PDF, 264KB]
Strategic housing key facts
Statistics on housing in Cambridge, including information on house sales and private rents, council homes, applicants on the housing register (Home-Link) and new homes required. Updated quarterly.
A summary is provided, as well as a full set of data for each quarter.
- Key facts: April to June 2019 [PDF, 2MB]
- Key facts: January to March 2019 [PDF, 840KB]
- Key facts: October to December 2018 [PDF, 2MB]
- Key facts: July to September 2018 [PDF, 2MB]
- Key facts: April to June 2018 [PDF, 2MB]
- Key facts: January to March 2018 [PDF, 2MB]
- Key facts: October to December 2017 [PDF, 2MB]
- Key facts: July to September 2017 [PDF, 2MB]
Cambridgeshire housing research
Cambridgeshire Insight is a shared knowledge base for the Cambridgeshire area, which includes data and research on a range of housing and other issues.