Our Greater Cambridge Housing Strategy for 2019 to 2023 has been developed jointly with South Cambridgeshire District Council.
The strategy includes:
- An introduction – what the strategy is about
- A high-level vision statement – what we are trying to achieve
- The context within which the strategy has been developed
It then details the councils’ key priorities under three main objectives:
- Building the right homes that people need and can afford to live in
- Enabling people to live settled lives
- Building strong partnerships
An action plan for the first year is shown in Annex 1.
- Greater Cambridge Housing Strategy 2019 to 2023 [PDF, 6MB]
- Greater Cambridge Housing Strategy 2019 to 2023: Annexes [PDF, 2MB]
- Greater Cambridge Housing Strategy 2019 to 2023: Equality impact assessment [PDF, 423KB]
Our thanks to everybody who took part in the public consultation that informed the strategy.
The Greater Cambridge Housing Strategy replaces our Interim Housing Strategy Statement 2017 [PDF, 3MB].
Sub-Regional Housing Action Plan
The Cambridge Sub-Regional Housing Board (CRHB) works on strategic housing issues across the seven districts within the Cambridge housing sub-region.
It covers Cambridge, South Cambridgeshire, East Cambridgeshire, Fenland, Huntingdonshire, Forest Heath and St Edmundsbury.
The group's action plan is reviewed regularly. It is available through the CRHB page on the Cambridgeshire Insight website.
Our Homelessness Strategy forms part of our Interim Housing Strategy Statement shown above.
See our homelessness strategy action plan [PDF, 841KB] for more detail
A review of homelessness in Cambridge has been carried out to help inform our strategic approach.
Our tenancy strategy sets out the issues registered providers must consider when deciding:
- what type of tenancies to offer
- the circumstances in which they will offer each type of tenancy
- the length of any fixed-term tenancy
- the circumstances in which they will grant a new tenancy when a fixed term tenancy comes to an end
- Tenancy Strategy 2012 [PDF, 87KB]
- Tenancy Strategy 2012: Supporting data [PDF, 78KB]
- Tenancy Strategy 2012: Supporting data (2014 update) [PDF, 675KB]
Our tenancy policy outlines:
- the types of tenancy to be granted for council homes
- the type of rent that will be offered
- what rights members of a household will have if the tenant dies ('succession rights')
We wrote this in the context of government policies around affordable rents, powers to offer shorter tenancies, and changes in succession rules.
The policy was reviewed in January 2014.
Other relevant strategies, policies and plans can be found on our council policies, plans and strategies section.
For further information about our housing related strategies, email firstname.lastname@example.org.