Your tailored exercise referral programme might include gym-based exercise sessions, exercise classes, or online courses that you can follow from home.
- Find out more about our exercise referral programme.
Tailored, gym-based exercise is currently available at:
- Abbey Leisure Complex
- Cherry Hinton Village Centre
- Chesterton Sports Centre
- Hills Road Sports Centre
- Parkside Pool and Gym
We’ll ask you to choose one of these gyms when you join the programme. You will only be able to access the gym at one exercise referral venue, but you can access any of our exercise referral classes at other venues.
Exercise classes are currently available as follows:
- Cancer rehabilitation for men: Thursdays, 10 to 11am at Hills Road Sports Centre
- Cardiac rehabilitation: Tuesdays, 4.30 to 6pm at Abbey Leisure Complex
- Cardiac rehabilitation: Thursdays, 3 to 4pm at Chesterton Sports Centre
- Cardiac rehabilitation: Fridays, 10.30 to 11.30am at Hills Road Sports Centre
- Long-term condition circuit classes: Thursdays, 12.45 to 1.45pm and 2 to 3pm at Chesterton Recreation Ground Pavilion
- Long-term condition circuit classes: Wednesdays, midday to 1pm at Cherry Hinton Village Centre
- Long-term condition and cardiac circuit classes: Fridays, 10.30 to 11.30am at Hills Road sports centre
- Long-term condition strength and mobility classes: Tuesdays, 1.15 to 2.15pm, at the Meadows Community Centre
- Pilates for beginners: Online at anytime
- Resistance band and aerobic conditioning class: Mondays, 11.05am to 12.05pm at Chesterton Sports Centre
- Resistance band and aerobic conditioning class: Thursdays 11:15am to 12:15pm at Chesterton Recreation Ground Pavilion
- Strength and balance: Tuesdays, midday to 1pm at the Abbey Leisure Complex
- Yoga for beginners: Online at anytime
If you are over 65 years or have a long-term medical condition that affects your mobility, strength or balance, you can find an activity that is most suited to you by taking our home self-assessment.
The assessment requires you to answer some questions relating to your current ability to perform certain tasks, plus participating in a short physical assessment that you can easily complete at home.
It will take you no more than five minutes to complete and will help you to identify what activities and services will be of most benefit to you.
Home-based exercise is currently available via our free, six-week online courses. It can help manage back, hip and knee pain and long-term conditions.
- Assessment with a fitness professional: £10 — does not apply at Abbey Leisure Complex, Cherry Hinton Village Centre or Parkside Pool and Gym
- Gym sessions and exercise classes: £4 per session at Chesterton Sports Centre, Hills Road Sports Centre and Meadows Community Centre
- Gym sessions and exercise classes: £4.50 per session at Abbey Leisure Complex, Cherry Hinton Village Centre or Parkside Pool and Gym
- Home-based exercise classes: Free
- Online exercise referral courses: Free