Skip To Main Content

Cambridge City Council

Fees relating to alcohol and entertainment licensing

Personal licences (grant or renewal)


Premises licences

The annual fee is payable one year from grant of licence, annually.

Premises licence fees
Type Band A Band B Band C Band D Band E and above
Non-domestic rateable value £0 to £4,300 £4,301 to £33,000 £33,001 to £87,000 £87,001 to £125,000 £125,001 and over
New application / full variation fee £100 £190 £315 £450 £635
Annual fee £70 £180 £295 £320 £350

Premises that do not have non-domestic rateable value are allocated to Band A.

You can check the rateable value of your property by visiting the Valuation Office Agency.

Multiplier applied to premises in bands D and E where the use of the premises are exclusively or primarily carrying on the supply of alcohol for consumption on the premises.

Premises licence fees with multiplier applied
Fee type Band D (×2) E and above (×3)
New application / full variation fee £900 £1,905
Annual fee £640 £1,050

Additional fee for exceptionally large events

Premises licence: Extra fees for large events
Number of attendees Additional fee Annual fee
5,000 to 9,999 £1,000 £500
10,000 to 14,999 £2,000 £1,000
15,000 to 19,999 £4,000 £2,000
20,000 to 29,999 £8,000 £4,000
30,000 to 39,000 £16,000 £8,000
40,000 to 49,999 £24,000 £12,000
50,000 to 59,999 £32,000 £16,000
60,000 to 69,999 £40,000 £20,000
70,000 to 79,999 £48,000 £24,000
80,000 to 89,999 £56,000 £28,000
90,000 and over £64,000 £32,000

 *payable one year from grant of licence, annually

Other fees and exemptions

Other fees and exemptions
Occasion on which fee is payable Fee
Application for a minor variation to a premises licence or club premises certificate £89
Supply of copies of information contained in register To be set
Copy of licence on theft, loss etc. of premises licence or summary £10.50
Notification of change of name or address £10.50
Application to vary licence to specify individual as premises supervisor £23
Transfer of premises licence £23
Application to vary premises licence to include alternative licence condition (where the only variation sought is the inclusion of the alternative licence condition) (Alcohol sales in church/village halls) £23
Interim authority notice following death etc. of licence holder £23
Application for provisional statement where premises being built £315
Copy of licence on theft, loss etc of certificate or summary £10.50
Notification of change of name or alteration of club rules £10.50
Change of relevant registered address of club £10.50
Temporary event notices £21
Copy of licence on theft, loss etc of temporary event notice £10.50
Copy of licence on theft, loss etc of personal licence £10.50
Notification of change of address (personal licence) £10.50
Notice of interest in any premises/ right of freeholder to be notified £21


No application, variation or annual fees are payable for the following for regulated entertainment only:

  • church halls, chapel halls, village halls, parish halls or community halls
  • educational schools or colleges (providing full-time education up to age 19, where the provision of regulated entertainment is carried on by the educational institution for the purposes of the educational institution.

"Rateable value" is the value for the time being in force for the premises entered in the local non-domestic rating for the purposes of Part III of the Local Government Finance Act 1988.

Hidden fields
Was this page helpful?
Was this page helpful?
Tell us why
Tell us why (required)

Tell us why
Tell us why (required)

How could we improve this page?