A by-election has been called in Trumpington ward for Thursday 18 August, following the resignation of Alan Cox.
- notice of vacancy [PDF, 0.1MB]
- notice of election [PDF, 93Kb]
- statement of persons nominated [PDF, 0.1MB]
- notice of poll [PDF, 0.1MB]
- declaration of results of by-election [PDF, 91Kb]
Important dates for these elections
- submit a candidate nomination between 10am and 5pm from Friday 15 July to Thursday 21 July (weekdays only) and 10am to 4pm on Friday 22 July
- register to vote by 11.59pm on Tuesday 2 August
- apply for a postal vote (including a postal proxy) by 5pm on Wednesday 3 August
- cancel or change an existing postal or proxy vote by 5pm on Wednesday 3 August
- apply for a proxy vote by 5pm on Wednesday 10 August
- cast your vote between 7am and 10pm on Thursday 18 August
Eligibility to vote
You are eligible to register and vote on 18 August 2022 if you are:
- a British, Irish, European Union or qualifying Commonwealth citizen
- resident in the Trumpington ward of Cambridge, and
- aged 18 or older on polling day
EU Citizens can register and vote, even though the UK has left the European Union.
Stand for election
If you are interested in becoming a city councillor, read about councillors’ workload and allowances.
The Electoral Commission provides guidance and resources for candidates and agents at local government elections.
Contact us if you have any questions.
Previous elections in 2022
Scheduled elections were held for 14 of the 42 seats on Cambridge City Council on Thursday 5 May 2022. A further two seats were elected in Arbury and West Chesterton wards, following resignations.