Our neighbourhood team organises a range of events, projects and activities around the city. These events are often run in partnership with local groups and organisations.
- Check when networking lunches are planned for East Chesterton and other areas
Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre
Contact Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre to find out more about these events.
- Over-60’s group: Mondays (term time only), 2 to 3.30pm. £1 per person
- La Jolie Ronde – French lessons for children: Mondays, 2.30 to 3pm and 4 to 6pm
- Stay and play – soft play with crafts: Tuesdays (term time only), 10am to midday. £1 per child, no booking required. Under-5s must be accompanied
- Youth club (11+): Tuesdays (term time only), 7.30 to 9pm
- Cambridge Online – computer social group: Wednesdays, 1 to 2pm
- Thursdays Together – family support with soft play and activities: Thursdays, 10am to 2pm
- Women’s Health Project: Thursdays, midday to 2pm
- Adult art group: Fridays, 9.30 to 11.30am
- Soft play: Fridays, 10.15 - 11.30am
- Escuelita Cambridge – Spanish school: Saturdays, 10am to midday (term time only)
Holiday activities for families, children and young people are provided during each half term and the Easter and summer holidays. Programmes are available from the centre a few weeks before each holiday period, and are also distributed through local schools.
Bengali Health Project
The Bengali Health Project, based in East Chesterton and Arbury, seeks to bring together the local community and health professionals to address health issues. Monthly lunches with speakers are organised.
The Chesterton News is published by a partnership group including various churches and community groups, and us. Visit the St Andrew's Church website to find out more and download the latest edition.