Cambridge City Council utilises E-Sign application (‘E-Sign’) to enable contracts, agreements, notices and other correspondence to be signed, provided to and shared with residents, customers, tenants, third party suppliers and business partners electronically.
In utilising such tools, contractors of Cambridge City Council and those residents, tenants third party suppliers, customers and business partners (‘Customers’) with whom Cambridge City Council do business may provide limited personal data for the purposes of:
- business execution and for the conclusion and execution of contracts, agreements, applications between Cambridge City Council and residents, tenants, customers, suppliers and business partners;
- for compliance with legal or regulatory requirements
- for the prevention, detection and investigation of fraud
What types of personal data do we process in the context of E-Sign?
We require your personal data to provide you with a means of signing documents, correspondence, contracts and agreements through a secure electronic method and to provide an audit trail. The following information is collected:
- email address
- IP address
- device name
- browser and version
What we do with this information
We use Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR as our lawful basis for collecting and holding your data. We cannot process your application or execute business with you unless you provide this personal information. If you do not or if you refuse to allow us to share the information, we will not be able to carry out the service for you.
We will only collect personal data that is absolutely necessary and any information we collect about you will be strictly in accordance with the data protection law and other statutory obligations which we are bound by.
You hold the following rights with regard to the personal data you provide us:
- Right to Access – You have the right to access (receive a copy) of your personal data and supplementary information.
- Right to Rectification – You have the right to have any inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified.
- Right to object to us processing your personal data where you have an objection on “grounds relating to your particular situation”.
- Right to Restriction – You have the right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data in situations where it is inaccurate, unlawful, and no longer needed for the purposes for which it was originally collected.
How we share this information
We will share your information with those suppliers that process our documents to enable them to be converted in a secure digital format for signing.
We do not sell your information to other organisations. We do not move your information beyond the UK. We do not use your information for automated decision-making.
We may process the information you provide to prevent and detect fraud in any of our systems and may supply information to government agencies, credit reference agencies, audit or other external bodies for such purposes. We participate in the governments National Fraud Initiative.
If any of the information we have about you is incorrect, please tell us. We rely on you to help us to keep your information accurate and up to date.
Retention of your personal information
Different services retain information about the people they support, for different lengths of time but we keep information for only as long as it is necessary. For some items this will be dictated by law. Read our Retention Policy [PDF, 0.7MB] to find out more.
Cambridge City Council is a registered Data Controllers with the Information Commissioner's Office.
Read our privacy notice to find out more about how we handle your data. Contact us if you have a question about your rights.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) should you believe any part of this statement to be unlawful.