Sessions for adults from ethnic minorities
The following sports sessions are designed to bring all members of the community together in these inclusive activities. They were set up to appeal to minority groups in Cambridge who have traditionally been less involved in some of our other sporting activities, but these activities are open to all.
Everyone is encouraged to come along, learn a new sport and get fit while meeting new friends and learning a bit about other cultures.
Gymnastics for all ages
- Cambridge Gymnastics Academy, North Cambridge Academy, Arbury Road
- 50 + session - Mondays; 12 to 12.45pm; £3 plus FREE refreshment after session. Whether you're looking to keep healthy or learn new skills, our team of coaches and fully equipped gym can help towards this goal in a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Freestyle 14 + session - Tuesdays; 7.30-9pm; £6.50 which includes insurance. Come along to our semi-structured freestyle sessions, where you can learn and develop new skills or build upon skills you have previously learnt, in a safe environment with qualified coaches on hand to help. You will have the freedom to move around the gym, whilst there will also be stations set up by coaches to support your learning.
- Adult 16 + session - Mondays; 7.30-9pm & Wednesdays; 7-8.30pm; £6.50 which includes insurance. Semi-structured sessions, lead by men and women's artistic qualified coaches. We welcome men and women to these sessions and a mix of abilities from beginners to experienced gymnasts. A great alternative to keeping fit.
- For more information: www.cambridgegymnastics.co.uk
Starting this October...
- Generation Games! - Re-introduction of this popular activity programme which provides family sport sessions across sport centres in Cambridge. Starting this October half term with various sports centres in the City offering family sessions for racket games.
- Community Racket Sports Club - to be launched at Chesterton Sports Centre on Saturday 29 October (11.15am - 12.15pm) and to include the opportunity for informal table tennis, short tennis and badminton. Available to anybody aged 8 years plus with optional opportunities for swimming following the session!
For more information on any of these up and coming sessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive regular updates from the Sports Development team, email your name, email address, ward/district of residence and sporting area of interest to: email@example.com. Updates from the service are sent at least once every three months.