To run a caravan or camping site you need a licence from the council.
Conditions may be attached to a licence to cover any of the following:
- restricting when caravans can be on the site for human habitation or restricting the number of caravans that can be on the site at any one time
- controlling the types of caravans on the site
- controlling the positioning of the caravans or regulating the use of other structures and vehicles including tents
- to ensure steps are taken enhance the land, including planting/replanting bushes and trees
- fire safety and fire fighting controls
- to ensure that sanitary and other facilities, services and equipment are supplied and maintained.
Contact us for more details
The applicant must be entitled to use the land as a caravan site.
Licences will not be issued to applicants who have had a site licence revoked within three years of the current application.