By joining a local group you'll be meeting like minded people and getting to know your neighbours.
- Working together with others in your community you will harness local support for cleaning up litter
- You'll be taking action on an issue that you care about
- You'll live in a nicer, cleaner and better looking environment after taking part in a few local litter picks
- You'll be out in the fresh air!
If you're considering a larger community clear up in your area, and larger items of waste and graffiti need to be removed, we may also be able to help.
If you‘re thinking of organising an event, contact us to ask for a copy of our ‘litter pick pack’. It has lots of useful information on planning and promoting your event.
Protective clothing and equipment
The following items should be used at all times by volunteers undertaking litter picks:
- Reflective hi-visibility waistcoats to clearly highlight volunteers to traffic and pedestrians.
- Litter pickers to avoid direct contact with litter and repetitive bending.
- Gloves to minimise contact with any noxious or dangerous materials.
- Suitable footwear and clothing
We can, subject to availability, provide reflective hi-visibility waistcoats, gloves and litter pickers.
You can earn ‘time credits’ for your time as a volunteer. Every hour of involvement with us earns you a one-hour time credit, which you can spend in places like cinemas, gyms, swimming pools or music venues.
If you have taken part in a litter pick within Cambridge and need us to collect bags, please contact us using our online form:
Please note, we can only collect bags withing the Cambridge City boundary.