Skip To Main Content

Cambridge City Council

Update your benefits account when your address or circumstances change

If you receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction you must tell us about changes in your circumstances. They could affect the amount of benefit you receive. This includes if you receive a second-adult rebate.

If you or your partner are experiencing a drop in your earnings and your household income is reduced as a result of the Covid-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, follow the ’Tell us about changes’ link below to update your details. This includes if you are self-employed or on a zero-hours contract.

Tell us about:

  • a change of address
  • a change in earnings for any adult in the household
  • a change in other income received by anyone in your household (for example other benefits, tax credits, pensions, or child maintenance payments)
  • a change in savings and investments for any adult in the household
  • a change in the number of people living with you

This list is not a full list - if in doubt, tell us anyway.

Tell us about changes

  • The system will be unavailable between 6.30 and 8pm every evening for system maintenance. Please ensure you complete your new claim by this point, or save it and return to it after 8pm.
  • If you do not complete and submit your claim within 14 days of starting, it will automatically be deleted and you will have to restart the process.

Please include contact details (email address or telephone number) in case we need further information or evidence of the changes.

If you delay telling us about changes, you may not get what you're entitled to. Or you may get too much (over-payment) and would have to pay it back. You could have your benefit stopped and might even face criminal charges for fraud.

Hidden fields
Was this page helpful?
Was this page helpful?
Tell us why
Tell us why (required)

Tell us why
Tell us why (required)

How could we improve this page?