Taxicard is a scheme that helps disabled people on low incomes to pay for taxi journeys.
- When you join, you'll be given 100 vouchers, that you show to the taxi driver before every journey, each entitling you to £3.30 off your fare.
- Vouchers can only be used on fares of £4.30 or more; you must pay at least £1 towards the fare.
- Each book of vouchers is valid from 1 April to 31 March of the following year. Members joining the scheme after 1 April will be issued a proportionate amount of vouchers for the remainder of the year.
- Scheme members will be contacted before April each year to confirm their continued eligibility for a Taxicard.
Apply for a Taxicard
- Print and complete the Taxicard Form [PDF, 133kB] and return it by post to
PO Box 700
Cambridge CB1 0JH
- Include copies of any supporting evidence such as letters awarding benefits and a a passport-sized photograph.
When your application is approved you'll be sent your book of Taxicard vouchers, and a list of participating taxi firms.
To join the Taxicard scheme you must receive one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support, Pension Credit or income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Universal Credit
- Council Tax Reduction, including disability premiums or reductions but not including the 25 per cent single occupancy reduction
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (Not contribution-based ESA)
You should also receive at least one of the following:
- the higher mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance
- Mobility Enhanced Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- war pensioners' mobility supplement
- Be registered blind or partially sighted
If you don't receive any of the secondary allowances you're still eligible for a taxicard if you're unable to use public transport because:
- you're a permanent wheelchair user
- you can't walk without a walking aid such as a frame/crutches etc.
- you can't walk more than 100 metres
- you're unable to stand unsupported for more than 5 minutes
- A trip is a one-way journey.
- If you lose your vouchers we can replace them.
- Additional passengers may accompany you on your journey at no extra cost.
- For each journey, only one Taxicard voucher will be accepted by the taxi driver, no matter how many Taxicard holders are travelling at the same time.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 01223 457200