Could you work with our Community Engagement team to help us improve the quality of your local area? Could you help us share our message that a cleaner, greener Cambridge starts with you?
Our team of volunteers is already making a vast improvement in helping to keep our city cleaner, greener and safer. Whether you’re a local resident, business, community group or school, we’re keen to work with you, too.
We send all volunteers a list of planned events every month. Regular activities include:
- Working with a group to improve a green space or open space
- Joining a volunteer group in one of our local nature reserves
- Helping us improve and renovate public benches and railings around the city
- Joining one of our litter-picking events or tidy your local streets in your own time
- Helping us remove graffiti around the city
- Helping us share the message at community clean-up days
- Helping us care and manage the city’s trees
We’ll provide all equipment, training and guidance. There are no minimum or maximum hours required – whatever time you have to spare will be greatly appreciated.
Even if we don’t have any current opportunities, you can send us an application to be considered for future roles. Alternatively you can contact us to request an application form.
You can register as a part of your Duke of Edinburgh Award (DofE). If you are under 18 years old, a 'Responsible Adult' will need apply on your behalf and accompany you litter picking.
A 'Responsible Adult' is a person aged 18 or over who is either your parent, legal guardian, or a person who has responsibility for the you at that time, such as a member of staff at your school.
All volunteers who sign up with us are eligible to earn time credits. They can be exchanged for a variety of things, from exercise classes to cinema and theatre tickets.
We would like to hear about your experience as a volunteer – your feedback will help us improve our service and future volunteering opportunities. It should only take a few minutes to complete our feedback form.