Could you help us improve the quality of your local area? Could you help us share our message that a cleaner, greener Cambridge start with you?
Our team of volunteers is already making a vast improvement in helping to keep our city cleaner, greener and safer. Whether you’re a local resident, business, community group or school, we’re keen to work with you, too.
Read our information pack [PDF, 2MB] to find out more. Opportunities include:
- Litter picking – Join one of our group litter picks or tidy your local neighbourhood in your own time
- Graffiti removal – Help us remove low-level graffiti around the city
- Green projects – Work with a group to improve a green space
- General support – Help us cut back greenery, clear overgrown hedges, clean signage, remove abandoned bikes, and more
- Anything else – let us know how you’d like to help!
We’ll provide all equipment, training and guidance. There are no minimum or maximum hours required – whatever time you have to spare will be greatly appreciated.
If you’re interested, complete and send us an application form and we’ll help get you started. You must be at least 18 years old.
You might also want to look into the Time Credits network, which we are a partner in.
Events and training sessions
Mill Road Cemetery clear-up
- Thursday 18 October, 10am to 2pm
Help us with various gardening and clearing jobs – we’ll provide tools and guidance.
To find out more contact Chris Clements, Area Ranger at email@example.com or 07815 746068.
Low-level graffiti removal training
- Wednesday 24 October, 11am to 1pm at the Cowley Road depot
We'll show you how to remove graffiti, give you health and safety guidance, and provide you with your own kit.
To find out more contact Ed Nugent, Area Ranger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07815 746114.
To celebrate our successes and opportunities for volunteers we publish a regular newsletter: