Could you help us improve the quality of your local area? Could you help us share our message that a cleaner, greener Cambridge start with you?
Our team of volunteers is already making a vast improvement in helping to keep our city cleaner, greener and safer. Whether you’re a local resident, business, community group or school, we’re keen to work with you, too.
Read our information pack [PDF, 2MB] to find out more. Opportunities include:
- Litter picking – Join one of our group litter picks or tidy your local streets in your own time
- Graffiti removal – Help us remove low-level graffiti around the city
- Green projects – Work with a group to improve a green space
- Join a volunteer group in one of our local Nature Reserves
- Become a City Watch volunteer and report environmental issues
- More about our volunteer roles [PDF, 282KB]
We’ll provide all equipment, training and guidance. There are no minimum or maximum hours required – whatever time you have to spare will be greatly appreciated.
If you’re interested, complete and send us an application form and we’ll help get you started. You must be at least 18 years old.
You might also want to look into the Time Credits network, which we are a partner in.
Upcoming volunteer opportunities and training sessions
Winter footpath leaf clearance training
- Saturday, 10 November at 10am
- Sunday, 25 November at 10 am
- Cowley Road depot
- This is a one hour training session on how to use our leaf blowers. We are looking for volunteers to help clear the city footpaths, local streets, parks and other locations across the city.
Low-level graffiti removal training
- Wednesday, 28 November at 11am
- Cowley Road Depot
- This is a two hour training session where you will be shown how to remove graffiti, be given health and safety guidance and provided with your own kit to take home.
Mill Road Winter Fair litter pickers
- Mill Road Winter Fair
- Saturday, 1 December
- If you can help litter pick before the winter fair, please arrive before 10.30am and if you can help after, please arrive after 4pm. Thank you.
To book your place on any of the sessions listed above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01223 458 084.
To celebrate our successes and opportunities for volunteers we publish a regular newsletter: