Could you work with our Community Engagement team to help us improve the quality of your local area? Could you help us share our message that a cleaner, greener Cambridge starts with you?
Our team of volunteers is already making a vast improvement in helping to keep our city cleaner, greener and safer. Whether you’re a local resident, business, community group or school, we’re keen to work with you, too.
- Join one of our litter-picking groups or tidy your local streets in your own time
- Help us remove low-level graffiti around the city
- Work with a group to improve a green space
- Join a volunteer group in one of our local nature reserves
- Help us improve and renovate public benches around the city
- Find out more about our volunteer roles [PDF, 282KB]
- Apply for a volunteer role - even if we don't have current opportunities, you can send us an application to be considered for future roles
We’ll provide all equipment, training and guidance. There are no minimum or maximum hours required – whatever time you have to spare will be greatly appreciated.
If you’re interested, contact us to request an application form. You must be at least 18 years old.
You might also want to look into the Time Credits network, which we are a partner in.
Contact us to find out more or book your place at any of these events.
- Thursdays, 10am to 2.30pm and the last Sunday of every month, 10am to 1pm: Nature conservation. A chance to help with tidying and improving one of our local nature reserves. Work includes scrub clearance, management of woodland, grassland, and water features, hedge laying, and species monitoring and surveying.