Could you work with our Community Engagement team to help us improve the quality of your local area? Could you help us share our message that a cleaner, greener Cambridge starts with you?
Our team of volunteers is already making a vast improvement in helping to keep our city cleaner, greener and safer. Whether you’re a local resident, business, community group or school, we’re keen to work with you, too.
- Join one of our litter-picking events or tidy your local streets in your own time
- Help us remove graffiti around the city
- Work with a group to improve a green space or open space
- Join a volunteer group in one of our local nature reserves
- Help us improve and renovate public benches and railings around the city
- Help us at community clean-up days across the city with waste disposal, advice and information and educational stalls
- Find out more about our volunteer roles [PDF, 0.7MB]
We’ll provide all equipment, training and guidance. There are no minimum or maximum hours required – whatever time you have to spare will be greatly appreciated.
Apply for a volunteer role. Even if we don’t have any current opportunities, you can send us an application to be considered for future roles. Alternatively you can contact us to request an application form. You must be at least 18 years old.
All volunteers who sign up with us are eligible for time credits,. They can be exchanged for a variety of things, from exercise classes to cinema and theatre tickets.
We send a list of events to registered volunteers every month. You can also follow @CambStreetScene on Twitter to stay up to date.
We are restarting volunteer activities in our parks, open spaces and nature reserves. We’ll limit the size of events to make sure you can maintain an appropriate social distance from other volunteers. We’ll provide everything you’ll need, including personal protective equipment (PPE). We’re processing applications from new volunteers, and will contact you when opportunities to help are available.
Group litter picks – open invitation
- Tuesday 22 September, 11am: Parker's Piece/Christ's Pieces - meet at Parker's Piece Pavilion
- Thursday 24 September, 11am: Nuns Way Recreation Ground - meet outside the Pavilion
- Saturday 26 September, 11am: Romsey Recreation Ground - Vinery Road entrance
- Sunday 27 September, 2pm: Midsummer Common - meet at Fort St. George
If you are looking to volunteer as a ‘one off’ you can join us at any of these locations and we will loan you a litter pick kit. Contact us for more information.
Great British September Clean
Take part in a litter pick as part of the Great British September Clean with Friends of Cherry Hinton Brook:
- Sunday 27 September at 10.30am
- Meeting outside the dentist at 97 Burnside, CB1 3PA
You can register your support on the Keep Britain Tidy website and follow the campaign online using #GBSeptemberClean.
We would like to hear about your experience as a volunteer – your feedback will help us improve our service and future volunteering opportunities. It should only take a few minutes to complete our feedback form.