Could you work with our Community Engagement team to help us improve the quality of your local area? Could you help us share our message that a cleaner, greener Cambridge starts with you?
Our team of volunteers is already making a vast improvement in helping to keep our city cleaner, greener and safer. Whether you’re a local resident, business, community group or school, we’re keen to work with you, too.
- Join one of our litter-picking events or tidy your local streets in your own time
- Help us remove graffiti around the city
- Work with a group to improve a green space or open space
- Join a volunteer group in one of our local nature reserves
- Help us improve and renovate public benches and railings around the city
- Help us at community clean-up days across the city with waste disposal, advice and information and educational stalls
- Find out more about our volunteer roles [PDF, 0.7MB]
We’ll provide all equipment, training and guidance. There are no minimum or maximum hours required – whatever time you have to spare will be greatly appreciated.
Apply for a volunteer role. Even if we don’t have any current opportunities, you can send us an application to be considered for future roles. Alternatively you can contact us to request an application form. You must be at least 18 years old.
All volunteers who sign up with us are eligible for time credits,. They can be exchanged for a variety of things, from exercise classes to cinema and theatre tickets.
We send a list of events to registered volunteers every month. You can also follow @CambStreetScene on Twitter to stay up to date.
We have suspended these volunteer activities until further notice, because of coronavirus. We plan to reschedule the Great British Spring Clean litter picks we had arranged in March and April later in the year.