Report a missed bin collection
We aim to empty all bins on schedule, but we do occasionally miss some.
Bad weather, road works and other issues can sometimes mean we’re unable to empty the bins on your street. If this happens, we’ll publish a service update to let you know when we’ll return – usually the next working day.
If we empty the other bins on your street but miss yours, we can return to empty your bin if:
- Your bin or sack was placed at the normal collection point by 6am on the correct day. If you are not sure which day your bins are collected on, find your bin collection day
- Access to your bin was clear – for example, if you have an assisted collection, your gate was unlocked
- Your bin was correctly used and we have not issued an advice card to you about a problem – see ‘incorrect use of bins’, below
- You tell us about the missed collection on time, as explained below
You must report that your bin has been missed by 3.30pm on the working day after your scheduled collection. This lets us plan to return as quickly as possible.
If we have accidentally missed your bin, we will return to empty it within three working days of the scheduled collection day. For example:
- If we miss your collection on Monday, report it by 3:30pm on Tuesday and we’ll empty it by Thursday evening
- If we miss your collection on Friday, report it by 3.30pm on Monday and we’ll collect it by Wednesday evening
If you have checked all of the above and cannot wait for your next scheduled collection, report your missed bin using the form below:
Incorrect use of bins
If we cannot empty your bin because you put the wrong items in, we’ll leave a card saying what was wrong. If this happens, remove the incorrect items and we will empty your bin on the next scheduled collection.
- Check what goes in which bin