Report a missed household bin
New bin collection rounds came into effect on Monday 27 February. If you think your collection has been missed, it may be that your bin collection day has changed.
If your bin was not emptied, check whether:
- You put the bin out on the right day. Check when your bin will be emptied.
- You put your bin out by 7am. The time that your bin is picked up may change depending on traffic, vehicle breakdowns, weather or service changes.
- Your bin contains items that we don't accept. In these cases we usually leave a card attached to the bin to explain why. Use our what goes in which bin to check items.
- The lid is properly closed.
- Overloaded or very heavy bins or boxes may not be emptied.
- It is due to a bank holiday. Bank holiday collections are shown in our check when your bin will be emptied section.
- The contents are frozen, and stuck inside the bin. We usually leave a card on your bin if this happens. You can help reduce the likelihood of this in cold weather by putting a piece of cardboard at the bottom of the bin, wrapping food waste in paper and if possible storing your bin in a garage or sunny area.
- There are unscheduled disruptions to the service (such as adverse weather). This type of disruption will be reported on the service announcements page or you can sign up for an email alert.
If you have checked all of the above and cannot wait for your next scheduled collection:
You must report the missed collection no more than two days after it was due.