Report a missed household bin

If your bin was not emptied, check whether:

  • You put the bin out on the right day. Check when your bin will be emptied.
  • You put your bin out by 7am. The time that your bin is picked up may change depending on traffic, vehicle breakdowns, weather or service changes.
  • Your bin contains items that we don't accept. In these cases we usually leave a card attached to the bin to explain why. Use our what goes in which bin to check items.
  • The lid is properly closed.
  • Overloaded or very heavy bins or boxes may not be emptied.
  • It is due to a bank holiday. Bank holiday collections are shown in our check when your bin will be emptied section.
  • The contents are frozen, and stuck inside the bin. We usually leave a card on your bin if this happens. You can help reduce the likelihood of this in cold weather by putting a piece of cardboard at the bottom of the bin, wrapping food waste in paper and if possible storing your bin in a garage or sunny area.
  • There are unscheduled disruptions to the service (such as adverse weather). This type of disruption will be reported on the service announcements page or you can sign up for an email alert.

If you have checked all of the above and cannot wait for your next scheduled collection. You can report your missed bin using the link below. Before doing so, please ensure you have read the following privacy notice:

Privacy notice

Why are we asking for your personal information?

We will use the information you have supplied to send a copy of this form and a reference number to this email address. The information you provide will also be used to arrange collection of your missed bin.

Refusal may result in us being unable to arrange collection of your missed waste bin.

Waste collection is a (Public task) Statutory Duty as laid out in the Environmental Health Act.

You hold the following rights with regard to the personal data you provide us:

  • Right to Access – You have the right to access (receive a copy) of your personal data and supplementary information.
  • Right to Rectification – You have the right to have any inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified.
  • Right to object to us processing your personal data where you have an objection on “grounds relating to your particular situation”.
  • Right to Restriction – You have the right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data in situations where it is inaccurate, unlawful, and no longer needed for the purposes for which it was originally collected, or if a withdrawal of consent has been made.

Waste collection is delivered as a shared service with South Cambridgeshire District Council. The information you provide will be passed to the shared waste service to arrange collection.

We only keep your information as long as necessary, for some items this will be dictated by law. The information submitted on this form will be retained for two years in line with our Retention Policy.

We do not routinely process any information about you outside the UK. We will not transfer your personal data outside of the EU.

Cambridge City Council is a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office.

You can find out more about how we handle your data by visiting the Councils Privacy Notice page on the web site. If you have a query regarding your rights please contact the Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by emailing or you can write to the Council and mark your letter for the attention of the Data Protection Officer. Alternatively you can call 07864 604221 or 01954 713318.

You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) should you believe any part of this statement to be unlawful.

Report your missed household bin

You must report the missed collection no more than two days after it was due.

Leave feedback