A punt tour along the world famous college ‘backs’ is one of the pleasures of a visit to Cambridge.
There are six authorised punt stations in Cambridge. From north to south along the river, they are:
- La Mimosa, on the corner of Jesus Green
- Trinity College, inside the college grounds
- The Mill Pond, on Silver Street
- Mill Lane
- The Granta mill pond, near Sheeps Green
Our punting in Cambridge leaflet [PDF, 1.5MB] shows the authorised punt stations on a map.
Code of practice
The companies trading from the authorised punt stations have all signed up to our voluntary code of practice for the visitor industry [PDF, 60Kb], which limits touting to areas adjacent to their business.
The code also limits the number of touts, requires touts to be identifiable and includes guidelines on when and how potential customers can be approached.
Licensing, enforcement and action
Punt stations in Cambridge must be licensed by the Conservators of the River Cam.
- To find out more about going punting, visit the Visit Cambridge and Beyond punting webpage
- To find out or complain about punt touts, visit the Public Spaces Protection Orders page
- To enquire about using council-owned land for a commercial punt operation, email email@example.com. There are no current opportunities for this