Policing and safer neighbourhoods
We are working with Cambridgeshire Constabulary to enable residents to influence the community safety priorities in their neighbourhood.
The public can attend their local area committee meetings, where the police and representatives from the council will provide an update of current crime and disorder issues and an update on work to tackle these issues.
Proposed neighbourhood priorities are also presented to the committee for consideration and to aid discussion.
There are four neighbourhood profiles, each covering specific city wards:
- North area profile December 2016 [PDF, 142kB] covering Arbury, East Chesterton, King's Hedges and West Chesterton
- South area profile October 2016 [PDF, 171kB] covering Cherry Hinton, Queen Edith's and Trumpington
- West/Central area profile December 2016 [PDF, 148kB] covering Castle, Market and Newnham
- East area profile January 2017 [PDF, 177kB] covering Abbey, Coleridge, Petersfield and Romsey
Following the presentation on the evening, everyone at the committee has the chance to ask questions and suggest issues that they would like to see tackled in the neighbourhood area.
The committee then recommends three priorities for the police and partners to tackle.
These priorities are then adopted at a multi-agency neighbourhood action group where lead officers are assigned and action plans produced for tackling the issues.
Previous neighbourhood profiles
The previous five profiles can be downloaded here. Contact us if you wish to see earlier profiles.
North area profiles
- North area profile June 2016 [PDF, 145kB]
- North area profile January 2016 [PDF, 147kB]
- North area profile September 2015 [PDF, 161kB]
- North area profile April 2015 [PDF, 353kB]
- North area profile December 2014 [PDF, 160kB]
South area profiles
- South area profile April 2016 [PDF, 154kB]
- South area profile December 2015 [PDF, 397kB]
- South area profile June 2015 [PDF, 300kB]
- South area profile February 2015 [PDF, 170kB]
- South area profile October 2014 [PDF, 190kB]
West/Central area profiles
- West/Central area profile July 2016 [PDF, 163kB]
- West/Central area profile February 2016 [PDF, 167kB]
- West/Central area profile September 2015 [PDF, 183kB]
- West/Central area profile April 2015 [PDF, 358kB]
- West/Central area profile January 2015 [PDF, 287kB]
East area profiles
- East area profile July 2016 [PDF, 152kB]
- East area profile January 2016 [PDF, 168kB]
- East area profile July 2015 [PDF, 157kB]
- East area profile January 2015 [PDF, 274kB]
- East area profile September 2014 [PDF, 267kB]
Immobilise is a FREE National Property Register where you can register details on valuable items such as mobile/smart phones, bicycles, computers and laptops/mobile devices. Further details can be found at Immobilise.com.