Local Plan review: Hearing sessions
Hearings are an opportunity for the Inspector to clarify and/or seek additional information on any issues relating to the 'soundness' of the Local Plan. Hearing sessions concluded in July 2017.
Hearings Programme (Version 23) [PDF, 303kB] gives details, including dates, of hearings blocks for both the Cambridge City Local Plan and South Cambridgeshire District Local Plan examinations. You are advised to regularly check for updates if you have an interest in any potential future hearings.
Information relating to South Cambridgeshire only hearing sessions are published on South Cambridgeshire Examinations Page.
The first blocks of hearing sessions set out in the Hearings Programme (version 7) dealt with joint matters relating to the Cambridge Local Plan and the South Cambridgeshire Local Plan.
Members of the public were allowed to attend the examination hearing sessions to observe proceedings.
On 22 September a letter was sent to all respondents to the Cambridge Local Plan and South Cambridgeshire District Council Local Plan Proposed Submission consultations, via post or email. The letter provided notification of the start of the Local Plans examinations including dates and venues, a letter from the planning inspector, meeting notes from the pre hearing meeting, witness lists, the hearings programme and the main matters and issues. A copy of this letter is attached below.
- Local plans examinations notification letter and associated information - 22 September 2014 [PDF, 459kB]
- Cambridge Local Plan 2014 - Appointment of Inspector and Commencement of Examination Hearings letter - 22 September 2014 [PDF, 187kB]
Main matters and issues
The Inspector issued:
- Matters and Issues (Matters 1-5) [DOC, 45kB],
- Matters and Issues (Matters 6-7) [PDF, 73kB],
- Matters and Issues (Matter 8) [PDF, 52kB]
- Matters and Issues (Matter 9) [PDF, 61kB]
- Matters and Issues CC1-8
- Matters and Issues (Matters PM1 & PM2).
- Matters CC6A, CC6B and CC6C [PDF, 63kB] updated 6 March 2017
- Matters C8B and CC8C [PDF, 48kB] updated 6 March 2017 (note Matter CC8D has been removed from this Matter).
- Matters and Issues M10 (Policies for Travellers / Caravan Dwellers and Travelling Showpeople) have been published.
- Matters and Issues M11 Joint Omission Sites for Cambridge City Council and South Cambridgeshire District Council [PDF, 126kB]
These list the matters and issues identified to date and will be updated if the Inspectors decide on future matters and issues to be considered.
Matters and issues relating to South Cambridgeshire only hearing sessions are published on South Cambridgeshire Examinations Page.
All written statements submitted to inform the hearing sessions were published on the Written Statements webpage. Statements must be limited to 3,000 words per matter. Further information on this is provided in the Statement for Hearings notice [PDF, 42kB].
The Inspector issued Inspector Note 1 (RD/Gen/150) which relates to the context for hearings on site allocations, strategy and omissions sites at the Local Plan Examination.
The Inspector issued Inspector Note 2 (RD/Gen/151) which relates to appearances in relation to the Proposed Modifications representations.
The Programme Officer issued a note which relates to the issues to be covered in the joint hearings.
An overview of the examination process is available on the Examination homepage.
The pre-hearing meeting took place on Thursday 11 September 2014. The pre-hearing meeting was for both the Cambridge Local Plan and South Cambridgeshire Local Plan Examinations and explained the format of the examination. The Inspector has issued Notes from the meeting [PDF, 249kB], which provide a summary of the main points raised.
The Inspector has issued Guidance notes for those participating in the examination explaining the examination process in more detail.
Gloria Alexander is the Programme Officer who is assisting the Inspectors. All correspondence relating to the examination should be addressed to Gloria Alexander:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- mobile: 07803 202578
- post: Programme Officer, Public Examination Office, The Guildhall, Market Square, Cambridge, CB2 3QJ.