We provide free lunches and activities for families with nursery or school-aged children in the school holidays, at various locations around Cambridge.
The meals are available for families who normally receive free school meals, or who find the added expense of food in school holidays challenging to manage.
There's no need to book – just turn up on the day!
Unfortunately we are unable to offer the lunches every day of every holiday, but we do so as often as we can when facilities are available.
- Monday 18 February, from 11.30am at the Meadows Community Centre – Arts and crafts with ChYpPS followed by lunch at 12.30pm
- Monday 18 February, from midday at St James Church – Activities with ChYpPS followed by lunch at 1pm
- Tuesday 19 February, from 11am at Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre – Activities followed by lunch at midday
- Wednesday 20 February, from 11am at the Church of the Good Shepherd – Activities from 11am, followed by a story from 11.30am, lunch at midday, and an introduction to Universal Credit at 2pm (see below)
- Wednesday 20 February, from midday at Ross Street Community Centre – Activities with ChYpPS followed by lunch at 1pm
- Thursday 21 February, from 11am at Buchan Street Neighbourhood Centre – Activities with ChYpPS followed by lunch at midday
- Thursday 21 February, from 11am at Barnwell Baptist Church: ‘Fun, food and action’ led by Cambridge Sustainable Food – pancakes and crafts (supported by ChYpPS) followed by lunch at 12.30pm
Introduction to Universal Credit
- Wednesday 20 February, 2pm at the Church of the Good Shepherd
If you’re finding Universal Credit a bit confusing and want to find out more, we’ll try to answer your questions.
There will also be information about other organisations and resources that might be able to help you prepare for Universal Credit or save money.