We welcome film and television companies who wish to film in and around the city. We will provide help and assistance wherever possible.
You don't need a licence or permit to film in Cambridge. You will need permission for road closures and may need to pay a fee for this, as well as to use our car parks.
Contact our City Centre Management team as early in the production process as possible to let us know of your intentions to film. This is so we can flag any potential issues with the day you have chosen for filming.
Check Visit Cambridge for advice on locations and local accommodation.
Filming considerations and permissions
We'll help you with your project but the following are your responsibility:
- No cables on the highway.
- Don't obstruct the public highway (paths)
- Don't block fire exits or entrances into buildings
- Ask permission to film any frontage of shops/businesses.
- Keep the amount of staff / actors to a minimum at any one time.
- Businesses on King's Parade between Bene’t Street and St Edward Passage will need permission from Corpus Christi College (01223 338022)
If filming on or in
- private property / land, ask permission of the landowners
- Market Square, ask permission from our Market Management Team: email@example.com, 01223 457466/7
- parks / open spaces, ask permission from our Green Spaces Team: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01223 458514 or 01223 458521
- our car parks, contact our Car Parks Team: email@example.com, 01223 458287
- on the river, ask permission of the Cam Conservators: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01223 863785
- If bringing a vehicle into the city centre, ask permission from the county council at email@example.com or 01223 727914
- For permission to place objects on the highway contact the county council at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to close a road, contact the county council at email@example.com or 0345 045 5212. A minimum of 12 weeks notice is required.
- If you plan to use a drone-mounted camera, you must adhere to Drone Safe’s drone code.
Contact us if you have any further questions.