Skip To Main Content

Cambridge City Council

Check the latest coronavirus information, including what support is available and how it has affected our services

Cooling towers

If you control non-domestic premises you must ensure that you notify the council of any cooling tower or evaporative condenser (notifiable devices) on the premises.

Notification must be in writing (including by electronic means) on a form approved by the Health and Safety Executive.

You must notify us in writing of any changes to the notification information within one month of the change, or as soon as possible if the device ceases to be a notifiable device.

We maintain a register of local cooling towers:


You can download the relevant application form from the Businesslink website:

Notification of cooling towers and evaporative condensers

Application to change a cooling tower notification