Arrange a bulky waste collection
Before you ask us to collect an unwanted large or bulky item, can you get rid of it another way? For example, you could:
- Sell it on a network site like Gumtree or give it to charity
- Take it to Milton recycling centre or Thriplow recycling centre
- Check whether it can be taken away by the company delivering a replacement product, particularly in the case of oversize American-style fridge-freezers which we can't collect
Phone us on 01223 458282. We will arrange a collection, take your payment over the phone, and advise you on how we'll collect your items.
We can collect many items including:
- domestic fridges and freezers (not from businesses) – we cannot collect oversize American-style fridge-freezers
- large quantities of flattened cardboard (either one-off or regular collections)
- bulky garden waste (bundled or in boxes or bags)
The charge for collecting large items depends on how many there are. For example, a bed and a mattress would be counted as two items.
|Number of items||Price|
|2 or 3 items||£28|
|4 to 6 items||£33|
|7 to 10 items||£44|
|Fridges, freezers or hazardous items (see note below)||£22 each|
These prices may vary for garden waste, depending on the types of waste included. We will discuss this with you when you arrange a collection.
Hazardous waste items include:car batteries, chemicals, paint, computer monitors, engine oil and filters, microwaves, and televisions.
Link tips (skips)
We can provide large link tips for businesses – find out how to set up a waste collection for your business.
We do not provide skips for domestic use.