Arrange a bulky waste collection
Before you ask us to collect an unwanted large or bulky item, can you get rid of it another way? For example, you could:
- Sell it on a network site like Gumtree or give it to charity
- Take it to Milton recycling centre or Thriplow recycling centre
- Check whether it can be taken away by the company delivering a replacement product, particularly in the case of oversize American-style fridge-freezers which we can't collect
Phone us on 01223 458282. We will arrange a collection, take your payment over the phone, and advise you on how we'll collect your items. Items need to be left outside your property by 7am on the day of collection.
We can collect many items including:
- domestic fridges and freezers (not from businesses) – we cannot collect oversize American-style fridge-freezers
- large quantities of flattened cardboard (either one-off or regular collections)
- bulky garden waste (bundled or in boxes or bags)
The charge for collecting large items depends on how many there are. For example, a bed and a mattress would be counted as two items.
- Up to three items (excluding hazardous items) costs £30
- Additional items (up to nine) cost an extra £5 each
- Fridges, freezers and hazardous items cost £25 each
These prices may vary for garden waste, depending on the types of waste included. We will discuss this with you when you arrange a collection.
Hazardous waste items include fridges and freezers, flat-panel screens such as LCD TVs, laptops and computer monitors, and microwaves.
Link tips (skips)
We can provide large link tips for businesses – find out how to set up a waste collection for your business.
We do not provide skips for domestic use.