We can collect many items, including:
- Sofas are charged per number of seats – a three-seater sofa counts as three items
- Beds and mattresses are separate items – double beds and mattresses both count as single items
- Carpet is charged per room – one room’s carpet counts as one item
- White goods and ovens – although we do not collect from businesses and can not collect American-style fridge-freezers
- Large quantities of flattened cardboard – either as a one-off or regular collection
We will not remove:
- Cars, tyres, or vehicle batteries
- Industrial fridges or American-style fridge-freezers
- Paint or paint tins
- Oil or items contaminated with oil
- Fence panels – although we will remove trellis panels
Some of these items can be taken to household recycling centres, but for others you’ll need a specialist company to dispose of them for you.
Re-use or recycle
Before you ask us to collect an unwanted large or bulky item, can you dispose of it another way? For example, you could:
- Sell it on a network site like Gumtree or give it to charity
- Take it to Milton recycling centre or Thriplow recycling centre
- Check whether it can be taken away by the company delivering a replacement product – particularly in the case of oversize American-style fridge-freezers, which we can not collect
Arrange a collection
Contact us to arrange a collection of up to nine items. We’ll take payment over the phone, and advise you on how we’ll collect your items.
You must leave the items outside at the front of your property by 6am on the day of collection.
We collect white goods separately from other bulky waste. You can arrange a single collection, but we’ll pick up the white goods in a separate vehicle to the rest.
We can provide large link tips for businesses – find out how to set up a waste collection for your business. We do not provide skips for domestic use.
The cost for collecting large items depends on how many there are.
- Up to three items: £30 – this excludes hazardous items
- Additional items: £5 each – we’ll collect up to nine items in total
- Hazardous items: £25 each – this includes fridges and freezers, flat-panel screens such as LCD TVs, laptops and computer monitors, and microwaves
The cost might vary for garden waste, depending on the type of waste you want us to remove. We will discuss this with you when you arrange a collection.