We provide a bulky household waste-collection service for many common household items. We collect a maximum of 9 items per collection.
Collection of these items should be requested using the webforms on this page. Please read the guidance below before making your request.
Always use a registered waste carrier, like us, to provide a skip and/or collect your waste.
Can you pass on your items another way?
Before you ask us to collect an unwanted large or bulky item, please check if you can pass it on to someone else who can use it - this will also save you a lot of money.
- contact local charities like Emmaus or British Heart Foundation which collect large suitable items for re-use
- sell or give it away using Gumtree, Freecycle, Freegle, eBay or Facebook marketplace
- take it to Milton recycling centre or Thriplow recycling centre if you can transport it
- check whether it can be taken away by the company delivering a replacement product (for example mattress or white goods)
Check our recycling and rubbish A to Z for advice about specific items.
Items we can collect
Standard bulky items service
All furniture typically found within the home:
- furniture with glass should have glass panels reinforced and secured with tape, so it does not shatter
- soft furnishing should be covered if rain is forecast
- bulky items from the garden and garage (for example, garden furniture or outdoor equipment)
- furnishing such as carpets (1 room worth)
- other miscellaneous items and household equipment (for example, ironing boards)
- bags of excess general rubbish (up to 3) and garden waste (up to 3) - these should be typical sacks, not hippo style bags
Please note that all items collected on the standard bulky items service are collected in a refuse truck and sent to landfill.
White goods and hazardous electrical items service
We collect white goods and hazardous items separately to other items. We can collect:
- televisions and computer monitors
- defrosted and empty fridges and freezers
- washing machines and tumble driers
- cookers, hobs and microwaves
Items we cannot collect
We cannot collect:
- cars, tyres or vehicle batteries
- chemicals or other hazardous waste
- oil or items that have been contaminated with oil (for example, oil tanks)
- industrial fridges or American-style fridge-freezers
- construction materials
- bathroom suites
- mobility scooters
- anything presented for collection but not listed on your request at time of booking
- anything else not listed on the webform - if it is not there, it is because we cannot collect it
- anything left inside the house - items should be presented outside near the kerb for collection
Please consult a telephone directory or check online for specialist disposal companies for the items above.
On your collection day
Bulky/hazardous collections are taken from the edge of your property where the property meets the public highway, so you do not have to be there for the collection.
The collection crews are not able to enter your property which is why we ask for the items to be left outside where the property meets the public highway. The items must also be unobstructed. We cannot issue refunds if the crew cannot take the items if this criteria is not met.
Check the weather forecast, and cover anything that might be affected by bad weather.
Please reinforce glass panels and secure them with tape so they do not shatter.
Our collection crew begins work at 6am, so make sure your items are ready for collection by then.
We will not remove any items that you do not include in your request – do not leave any extra items for collection.
Arrange a collection
Submit a request form to arrange a collection.
- we can collect a maximum of 9 items per collection
- the first 1, 2 or 3 items cost £31, and each additional item costs £5
- some larger items count as multiple items – a 3-seater sofa counts as 3 items, for example
- each item costs £25 to collect
You’ll be asked to choose a collection date – this will usually be within the next 10 working days. The system only provides the next 3 available dates. If you want to book further in the future, you’ll need to come back nearer the time.
If you cannot arrange and pay for your collection online, or if the form does not include your address, phone us to arrange collection.
Cancel or change a collection
If you want to cancel or change your collection after you have arranged it, phone us by 5pm two working days before your collection date. We might not be able to make any changes or refund your money after this time.
If you want to change the date of your collection, you’ll need to phone us to cancel it and then arrange a new collection online.
We cannot guarantee being able to add extra items to a confirmed collection, because the number of items we can collect each day is limited.