Arrange a bulky waste collection
Before you ask us to collect an unwanted large or bulky item, can you get rid of it another way? For example, you could:
- Sell it on a network site like Gumtree or give it to charity
- Take it to Milton recycling centre or Thriplow recycling centre
- Check whether it can be taken away by the company delivering a replacement product, particularly in the case of oversize American-style fridge-freezers which we can't collect
Phone us on 01223 458282. We will arrange a collection, take your payment over the phone, and advise you on how we'll collect your items. Please note that due to the changes to bin collection days we will be unable to offer bulky waste collections between 20 February to 10 March inclusive.
We can collect many items including:
- domestic fridges and freezers (not from businesses) – we cannot collect oversize American-style fridge-freezers
- large quantities of flattened cardboard (either one-off or regular collections)
- bulky garden waste (bundled or in boxes or bags)
The charge for collecting large items depends on how many there are. For example, a bed and a mattress would be counted as two items.
|Number of items||Price|
|2 or 3 items||£28|
|4 to 6 items||£33|
|7 to 10 items||£44|
|Fridges, freezers or hazardous items (see note below)||£22 each|
These prices may vary for garden waste, depending on the types of waste included. We will discuss this with you when you arrange a collection.
Hazardous waste items include:car batteries, chemicals, paint, computer monitors, engine oil and filters, microwaves, and televisions.
Link tips (skips)
We can provide large link tips for businesses – find out how to set up a waste collection for your business.
We do not provide skips for domestic use.