Skip To Main Content

Cambridge City Council

Subscribe to email notifications of our service updates and news releases Sign up now

Coronavirus: Updates and information

Find out about available support and how to offer help. Our customer service centre is open to help you by email and phone. Please continue to follow official NHS and government advice.

Apply for an Access Licence

An Access Licence gives you permission to cross land owned by us to get to and from your property, subject to a set of agreed terms and conditions.

You might need a licence if, for example, you park your car in a garage that crosses land managed by our Housing service. Or your solicitor might advise you that you need one when you buy a new property.

The licence is not transferrable. You do not need a licence if you are a council tenant.

Apply for a licence

Contact us to apply for a licence. We’ll respond within 20 working days to confirm whether your application has been granted.

It is your responsibility to check that any covenants associated with the land to which the licence refers do not contravene the terms of the licence.

Renewal and cancellation

The licence lasts for one year and is paid for in advance – we’ll renew it automatically and contact you to arrange payment every year.

Either we or you can end the agreement at any time by giving at least one month’s written notice to the other.