Skip To Main Content

Cambridge City Council

Get your coronavirus vaccination at walk-in clinics in and around Cambridge – no appointment needed, but wear a face mask

Apply for a street trading licence

You need a licence to trade in the city centre.

We are not currently accepting new street-trading licence applications.

There are 31 designated street-trading locations around the city centre. Some of these are licensed for 12 months at a time, and others are licensed for 4 or 8 months.

Licensing and policy

Trading in the consent zone (see map, below) without a licence is deemed to be illegal street trading. You are exempt from this if you hold a valid pedlar's licence and follow the pedlars legislation.

We have a Street Trading Policy, which sets out how Street Trading is managed in Cambridge.

Consent zone