We are doing are very best during these difficult circumstances to continue deliver the best service that we can. However, in the context of the need for all of us, both staff and customers, to adhere to Government advice regarding social distancing and staying at home, we are having to adapt some of the services that we provide as follows:
- From 30 March until 10 April we are not able to provide a personal search service for Local Land Charges. This is due to a system upgrade being carried out.
- All existing personal searches will be returned electronically including after 10 April, until the present situation changes. Continue to use the current booking service by emailing for South Cambs firstname.lastname@example.org or for City email@example.com . Please do not attend the Council buildings.
- Local Land charges searches and payments must be submitted electronically. We cannot process cheques at the current time. Please email the appropriate Council as detailed above.
- Planning duty officer advice - please telephone the Contact Centre for an appointment. The duty officer advice service will be provided by telephone.
- Planning applications should, wherever possible, be submitted electronically via the Portal or alternatively by email. We are not able to process hard copy or paper applications at the present time.
- All correspondence should be submitted electronically to avoid delays in processing.
- We cannot process cheque payments at the current time. All payments should be made electronically or by BACs.
- We are not currently carrying out site visits, unless for emergencies (or other exceptional circumstances) in accordance with Government advice about minimising travel and keeping within the social distancing requirements. This means that if you submit a pre-application request or planning application, we ask you to submit good quality photos and other contextual information to help us to assess any impacts of the development. Any emergency site visits that we do carry out will be governed by social distancing requirements and you will be asked a series of triage questions in advance of the visit being arranged.
- Our meetings are being conducted by Teams, Skype and conference call so are continuing on this basis.
If you have a general query, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to get back to you as soon as we can and to assist you. Please bear in mind that we may have reduced staff capacity at times due to the current situation.