Covid-19 is an illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus.
The main symptoms are a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, and the loss of or a change to your sense of smell or taste. Most people with coronavirus have at least one of these symptoms.
The government’s advice is to stay alert to help control the virus:
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people
- Keep your distance if you go out – two metres apart where possible
- Wash your hands regularly
- Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
Coronavirus presents us all with an unprecedented challenge. We’re working with local councils and regional and national organisations to support the effort to address it.