Skip To Main Content

Cambridge City Council

Subscribe to email notifications of our service updates and news releases

Coronavirus: Updates and information

Find out about available support and how to offer help. Our customer service centre is open to help you by email and phone. Please continue to follow official NHS and government advice.

Test and Trace Support Payment

If NHS Test and Trace tell you to self-isolate, you might be entitled to a one-off £500 Self-Isolation Payment.

  • You must have tested positive for coronavirus or been in close contact with someone else who has.
  • You must have been contacted directly by NHS Track and Trace on or after 28 September, including via the app on your phone.
  • You must be employed or self-employed.
  • You must be unable to work from home, as a result of which you will lose earned income.
  • You must either be currently receiving one of the following:
    • Universal Credit
    • Working Tax Credit
    • income-based Employment and Support Allowance
    • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
    • Income Support
    • Housing Benefit
    • Pension Credit
    • Council Tax Reduction
  • Or you must be unable to apply for the above welfare benefits because you have no recourse to public funds.
  • Or you must earn less than £19,200 per year (gross), work more than 28 hours per week and have less than £1,500 in savings and capital.

Funding for payments based on Council Tax Reduction, having no recourse to public funds or having a low income is discretionary and fund limited. When the fund is gone, payments will cease.

Other support is available, depending on your situation and what type of help you need.

The scheme will initially run until 31 January 2021.


Apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment

You can apply any time after the start date of your isolation, as advised by NHS Test and Trace. You must apply within 14 days of the end date of your isolation period.

If you are unable to apply yourself, you can ask somebody else to apply on your behalf. Payments will be made to you, not to the person who applies for you.