Fitness for mental health service users
We provide a programme of activity for both mental health service users and homeless community users in Cambridge.
There are a variety of activities on offer including:
- t'ai chi
- multi-sports activities
- tennis and badminton sessions
Some sessions are free; others have a small charge. Most sessions are run by a member of staff who will help you settle into the session and provide any advice and support you may need.
During all of the sessions you'll be encouraged to be physically active and have fun in a social setting. You can just turn up and have a go, but we ask that you join the programme as a member after your first session. Membership is free, and you'll be updated about any changes to the programme as and when they occur.
Mental health service users can also apply for a free BETTER card, when applying for Invigorate membership. A BETTER card providers you with a 50% discount on facilities across all of the GLL managed facilities in the city:
- Abbey Sports Centre
- Parkside Pools
- Kings Hedges Learner Pool
- Jesus Green Lido
- Cherry Hinton village centre
A membership form for the Invigorate programme is available at the back of the leaflet:
Contact us for a copy of the brochure or for more information.
Run Free - Women's mental wellbeing project
Supported by CPSL Mind, Cambridge City Council are running a 10 week beginners running project for women aged 18+ who are looking to improve their mental wellbeing through physical activity.
This 10 week programme will start on Wednesday 7th June 2017
- Wednesdays 1.45pm on Parker's Piece
- Meet at Hobbs' Pavilion (next to the University Arms Hotel on Parker's Piece)
- Beginners welcome, no previous running experience required
- Ladies only
- Free to attend
- After the run session there will be an optional tea/coffee and chat
- New beginners can join up until week 3 of the programme (Wednesday 21st June)
- Supportive, non-competitive group environment
- Running sessions will take place on Parker's Piece but participants can securely lock belongings in Hobbs' Pavilion during the session
- Toilets available in Hobbs' Pavilion
- Please register your interest in advance
- For more information or if you have any questions contact email@example.com or 01223 457039
FREE Cambridge botanic walking tours for Invigorate members
Join a guided walk around the beautiful botanic gardens and see the gardens change through the seasons. The walks are free to Invigorate members; places must be booked in advance. Download: Botanical garden tours [PDF, 510kB]
FREE swimming for users of Jimmy's Night Shelter and Wintercomfort at Cambridge Parkside Pool
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Stay in touch with all the news
To receive regular updates from the Sports Development team, email your name, email address, ward/district of residence and sporting area of interest to: email@example.com. Updates from the service are sent at least once every three months.