Tackling Poverty and Isolation Conference 2018
February 7th 2018 saw us host the third Tackling Poverty and Isolation Conference at the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, in Eddington. The Postdoc Centre @ Eddington organised by our Neighbourhood Community Development team.
The aims this year were:
- to highlight projects and good practice around the city
- to provide an opportunity to discuss how we can join up work more effectively and work more collaboratively with people who need support
- to identify how we can empower individual and families to make choices for themselves and their families to improve the quality of their lives
- to look at the link between poverty and inequality and what we can do to address this
- to provide an opportunity for networking
Invitation was not restricted and we had a number of representatives from the local area and organisations. We had 80 delegates attend the day, which provided a range of workshops.
1. How can we tackle loneliness?
2. Welfare reforms and financial inclusion
3. Improving Employability – Adult Learning, Training and Guidance.
4. DiverseCity – Creating a thriving, diverse and inclusive city
5. Working in new communities: a community development approach:
6. Health and food inequality
7. Help in a crisis – what is available and how to access support for your clients?
8. Talking about money and mental health.
Handouts and presentations from the workshops will be available to download from this page soon.