There’s plenty of opportunity to get active with your family this summer.
You could try one of our five Mobile Adventures activity trails – download the app to have a go at the variety of fun challenges. Every child that plays can claim a free wristband (while stocks last) – there are five to collect, in the colours of the Olympic flag.
- Find out more about Mobile Adventures activity trails
Try our summer family bingo challenge – complete at least three of the nine activities to win a prize!
Use your senses to connect with your surroundings on our sensory walks. The walks are designed for people with complex disabilities, but everybody can enjoy them. You can go alone or in a group, and you don’t need any special equipment – you just need the free OS Maps app. The walks can be as long as you like, and you can go on foot, use a wheelchair or walker – the walks are inclusive for all.
Join us for family table tennis sessions – we’ll be on Christ’s Pieces from midday to 2pm every Wednesday from 21 July to 25 August. There’s no need to book, just turn up and play – bring your own bats if you want, but we’ll provide them if not.
- You can also play table tennis for free at more than 20 tables around Cambridge – visit Ping Cambridge to find out more.
We’re running six free family tennis sessions over two weeks of the summer holidays. The sessions will take place at North Cambridge Academy Sport Centre, from 1 to 2pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 16 to 27 August. Bring your own rackets if you want, but we’ll provide them if not.
- Spaces are limited, so reserve your place on a tennis session
Join Shredder Skate School for skateboarding and scootering sessions around the city. Spaces are limited, so contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.
- 13 August, 1 to 4pm at Orchard Park skate park: Scootering – please bring your own scooter
- 18 August, 1 to 4pm at Orchard Park skate park: Skateboarding – skateboards will be available to borrow
- 19 August, 1 to 4pm at Nun’s Way skate park: Scootering – please bring your own scooter and helmet
- 26 August at Nun’s Way skate park, 11am-2pm: Skateboarding – skateboards will be available to borrow
Get creative at hip hop workshops with SIN Cru this summer. You do not need to reserve a place, just turn up and join in.
- 29 July, 10.30am to midday at Histon Road recreation ground
- 2 August, 10.30am to midday at the Pulley recreation ground
- 11 August, 10.30am to midday at Coleridge Road recreation ground
Have a go at inclusive footgolf at one of our free taster sessions for children aged 16 and under with disabilities. The sessions will be led by a fully qualified coach. One parent or carer can join in for free.