Elfrida Heath sports grant scheme
One-off grants of up to £250 are available to contribute towards the costs of equipment, specialist training, certain club fees, transport, competition charges or other necessary expenses.
This sports grant is kindly sponsored by Ms Elfrida Heath, who wants to help young city residents who lack the funds to pursue their own personal involvement in individual or team sport.
Applications are invited from individual young people:
- aged 10 to 18
- of all abilities from beginners to advanced
- living in Cambridge
- able to show that they need financial help.
Applications are also invited from groups of young people who belong to a youth or sports club or group and who meet the above criteria, and applications from young people with disabilities are particularly welcomed.
- Grants will not generally be made to cover all costs
- Grants will not be made for money already spent
- You can only receive one grant in any 12-month period
- If possible, your applications should be supported by either your school head of PE, senior tutor, employer, youth worker, sports club coach or sports club committee member
To apply for this funding, download and follow the instructions on this form:
Stay in touch with all the news
To receive regular updates from the Sports Development department, please e-mail your name, contact e-mail, ward/district of residence and sporting area of interest to: email@example.com Updates from the service are sent at least once every three months.