Sport and fitness for women and girls
Join the County Sports Partnership #LetsGoGirls Campaign aimed at inspiring women in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire to get moving. The campaign provides information and support on sports and physical activity opportunities for women right across the county.
Follow on Facebook at @LetsGoGirlsInspire
Other activities for women and girls
See our main 'Running' page for all activities, including women's only.
- Run by Cambridge Hotshots
- Thursdays, 7 to 8pm
- St Bede's Sports Centre, Cambridge
- £5 per session
- Contact Carolyn for more info: email@example.com
Kinnerz Coaching run weekly community football sessions for women and girls aged 13 + years:
- Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30pm
- Chesterton Sports Centre, outside on the Astroturf
- Suitable for beginners
- For more details, visit the Kinnerz Coaching website
'Back to Netball' sessions are running nationwide and ideal for ladies who haven't been on the court for a few years, since school, or anywhere in between!
Sessions are running locally, and for more information please visit The Trumpington Federation website.
'Netball Nights at Chesterton' are great for those who want to try netball for the first time, or who haven't played since school and want to get back into the sport.
Come and join this fun, friendly group for some fitness, ball drills and match play.
- Thursdays, 7-8pm
- This session will re-start after February Half-Term 2018
- Free to attend
- All ages 14+ welcome
Like and follow the Netball Nights page on Facebook for more information.
For all the below sessions, while the centre will try to have a female lifeguard on duty, this cannot always be guaranteed.
Ladies Swim and Tone Class
At these sessions, blinds to the pool windows are pulled down with no visibility to the pool from members of the public. Led by a qualified instructor.
- Chesterton Sports Centre, Gilbert Road, CB4 3NY
- Thursdays, 11.10 to 11.55am
- £4 per session (Free for Everyone Health Weight Management membership holders)
- Booking essential either online or by calling Chesterton Sports Centre
- 01223 576110
Ladies Night at the Abbey
- Abbey Leisure Complex, Whitehill Road, CB5 8NT
- Fridays, 6.30 to 8.30pm
- £4.50 per person, or £1 for Asian ladies groups
- Boys and girls under 8 can attend for the first hour
Nisa Ladies Swimming Club
- Kings Hedges Learner Pool, Jedburgh Close, Buchan St, CB4 2XH
- Sundays (Term-time only and excluding Ramadan)
- 11.30am – 12.30pm
- Adults: £3 per session
- Children (3 - 17 years): £1 per session
- Under 3's: Free
Contact Zina firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Subsidised swimming lessons are available for Cambridge residents who want to learn to swim or build water confidence.
- Available at Parkside or Abbey Pools
- Taught in small groups
- £35 for a 14 week course
For more information, contact Julie on 01223 458644 or email pools@Cambridge.gov.uk
For more information about the pools in Cambridge, please visit our Swimming and paddling pools page.
- Fridays, 9.15 to 10.15am
- Cambridge Gymnastics Academy, North Cambridge Academy, Arbury Road
- For more information, visit the Cambridge Gymnastics website