Sport and fitness activities for women and girls
Join the County Sports Partnership #LetsGoGirls Campaign aimed at inspiring women in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire to get moving. The campaign provides information and support on sports and physical activity opportunities for women right across the county.
Follow on Facebook at @LetsGoGirlsInspire
Let's Go Girls Fitness Festival
As part of this county campaign, Cambridge City Council is hosting a Let’s Go Girls Festival event in partnership with Living Sport and Chesterton Sport Centre. The event will be a three hour takeover of Chesterton Sport Centre with lots of free taster activities, free sports massages as well as nutrition talks. Activity tasters will include Let's Glow Fitness, ((Bounce)), Zumba, Pilates, Tennis, Football, Netball, Aqua Aerobics and more.
Visit our Facebook Event page for more information or download the Festival Timetable.
'Let's Run Girls Cambridge' is a beginners women only running group organised and led by qualified volunteer run leaders.
New beginners blocks will start regularly throughout the year in Chesterton and Trumpington.
Netball Nights at Chesterton
Come along to these fun and friendly peer-led training sessions for the opportunity to learn more about netball, practice your skills and gain match play experience in a supportive and social setting.
- Free to attend
- Thursdays 7 - 8pm
Chesterton Sport Centre, Gilbert Road, Cambridge, CB4 3NY
- Follow the page on Facebook
Trumpington 'Back to Netball' group
- Sundays, 3 to 4.30pm
- Venue: Trumpington Meadows Primary School outdoor court Kestrel Rise (next to Park & Ride)
- Cost: £4 per session
- Contact Carolyn Pallon: email@example.com
Ladies Night at the Abbey
- Every Friday
- Swimming: 6.30 to 8.30pm for women and their children
- Exercise class: 6.45 to 7.30pm for ladies only
- Relax and socialise: 6.30 to 8.30pm for ladies only
For costs, visit: www.better.org.uk/leisure/abbeyleisurecomplex
- Venue: Chesterton Sports Centre, Gilbert Road
- 11.10am-12noon for women uncomfortable to be seen in public wearing a swimming costume. This session is available to women only and is in a private environment. Blinds to the pool windows are pulled down with no visibility to the pool from members of the public. Led by a qualified instructor.
- Cost: £4 payable at reception
- Book on the day
- Please note, this session may be facilitated by a male lifeguard
Nisa Ladies Swimming Club
- Kings Hedges Learner Pool, Jedburgh Close, Buchan St, CB4 2XH
- Sundays (Term-time only and excluding Ramadan)
- 11.30am – 12.30pm
- Adults - £3 per session
- Children (3 – 17 years) – £1 per session
- Tots under 3 – Free
- Contact Zina firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Ladies community football group meet every week at Chesterton Sports Centre outside on the 3G pitch. Coached sessions run all year round for women and girls 13 years+
- Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30pm
- Chesterton Sports Centre, outside
- £3 per session for Teens, £5 per session for Ladies
- No booking required, come & join in
- For more details contact: Kinnerz Coaching on www.kinnerzcoaching.co.uk
- Fridays, 9.15 to 10.15am
- Cambridge Gymnastics Academy, North Cambridge Academy, Arbury Road
- £3 per session
- Improve your general fitness and perform gymnastic skills on our extensive equipment, including foam pit and sunken trampoline. Whether you are a complete beginner of somebody returning to the sport, the session will cater for your needs.
- Children can sit and play in unattended area whilst mummy has a go! After the session, why not stay for a drink and chat.
- For more information: www.cambridgegymnastics.co.uk