Sport and fitness activities for women and girls
Join the County Sports Partnership #LetsGoGirls Campaign aimed at inspiring women in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire to get moving. The campaign provides information and support on sports and physical activity opportunities for women right across the county.
Follow on Facebook at @LetsGoGirlsInspire
Our Parks Fitness Sessions
Low cost fitness classes available for only £4.99 per month. From June 2017 these classes will be on Jesus Green. All abilities and experience levels welcome.
- Bootcamp 6 - 7pm Thursdays
- BoxFit 9 - 10am Saturdays
To book onto a class visit https://www.ourparks.org.uk/
'Let's Run Girls Cambridge' is a beginners women only running group organised and led by qualified volunteer run leaders.
New 10 week beginners blocks will start in January, May and September 2017 in Chesterton and Trumpington
There are 3 sessions a week at a cost of £10 for 10 weeks (come to as many sessions as you want)
- Check out the Facebook group for up to date session times or email Danielle.Guy@cambridge.gov.uk for more information
'Back to Netball' sessions are running nationwide and are ideal for ladies who haven't been on the court for a few years, or since school, or anywhere in between!
- Sundays, 3 to 4.30pm
- Venue: Trumpington Meadows Primary School outdoor court Kestrel Rise (next to Park & Ride)
- Cost: £4 per session
- Contact Carolyn Pallon: email@example.com
Ladies only hour at the Abbey
- Every Friday
- Swimming: 6.30 to 8.30pm for women and their children
- Exercise class: 6.45 to 7.30pm for ladies only
- Relax and socialise: 6.30 to 8.30pm for ladies only
For costs, visit: www.better.org.uk/leisure/abbeyleisurecomplex
- Venue: Chesterton Sports Centre, Gilbert Road
- 11.10am-12noon for women uncomfortable to be seen in public wearing a swimming costume. This session is available to women only and is in a private environment. Blinds to the pool windows are pulled down with no visibility to the pool from members of the public. Led by a qualified instructor.
- Cost: £4 payable at reception
- Book on the day
- Please note, this session may be facilitated by a male lifeguard.
Ladies community football group meet every week at Chesterton Sports Centre outside on the 3G pitch. Coached sessions run all year round for women and grils 13 years+
- Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30pm
- Chesterton Sports Centre, outside
- £3 per session for Teens, £5 per session for Ladies
- No booking required, come & join in
- For more details contact: Kinnerz Coaching on www.kinnerzcoaching.co.uk
- Fridays, 9.15 to 10.15am
- Cambridge Gymnastics Academy, North Cambridge Academy, Arbury Road
- £3 per session
- Improve your general fitness and perform gymnastic skills on our extensive equipment, including foam pit and sunken trampoline. Whether you are a complete beginner of somebody returning to the sport, the session will cater for your needs.
- Children can sit and play in unattended area whilst mummy has a go! After the session, why not stay for a drink and chat.
- For more information: www.cambridgegymnastics.co.uk
- Run by Cambridge Hotshots
- Thursdays; 7 to 8pm
- St Bedes Sports Centre, Cambridge
- £4 per session
- Sessions re-start on 22 September 2016. Contact Carolyn for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org