Smokefree play areas
The ‘Keep Our Play Area Smokefree’ poster competition encourages local children to take their passion for the quality of their local environment to a new level. The competition requires them to design an engaging and eye-catching poster, which will be used to educate and encourage people not to smoke in fenced children’s play areas. The competition is designed to reward and showcase excellence in creative poster messaging and design. The competition started on 2nd October 2017.
Local children, aged 11 years and under, are invited to create ‘Keep Our Play Area Smokefree’ poster (which should be no larger than A4 in size and a full colour design) that catches the eyes of the judges. The poster can be created using any of the following methods (either singly or mixed):
- Computer aided design
- Graphic design
The posters will be developed into signs will be used to educate and encourage people not to smoke in fenced children’s play areas.
- The competition is open to anyone up to 11 years old (Key Stage 1 and 2).
- The competition is split into two age groups 6 years and under, and 7 years to 11 years
Competition closing date is 1 December 2017.
Entrants can enter by post, sending their poster designs to Operations Co-ordinator, PO Box 336, Cambridge CB1 2WS or by email to email@example.com
Terms and Conditions:
- Entrants must supply their name, age, address, email address and daytime telephone number.
- Entrants can only submit one design per age range and only one entry will be permitted per person.
- If an entrant wishes to withdraw their entry, the entrant, parent, guardian, youth group or nominated school representative should contact Caterina Dunning, Operations Co-ordinator, Cambridge City Council.
- Entrants must either live, or attend school/youth groups within Cambridge City.
- The winning entrant(s) will be the design selected by a panel of judges after the closing date. There may be multiple winners, depending on the number and quality of designs submitted. The judges' decision is final.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted; or due to computer error in transit.
- The judges reserve the right to amend, and/or alter, the terms of competition and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- Confirmation of the winning entry and associated prize will be made in writing to the winner(s).
- Competition entries cannot be returned to the entrants.
- The competition is free and open to all children aged 11 and under.
- All entries must be the entrant’s original work and not copied it from any other person’s work.
- Prizes must be claimed within three months of the closing date of the competition.