All landlords and letting agents are now required by the Home Office to conduct immigration checks on their tenants. Failure to not conduct these checks can result in fines from the Home Office. Find out how to meet your legal obligations.
Delivered by the Enforcement and HMO Licensing team of Cambridge City Council, this half day course will involve workshops delivering a comprehensive understanding of the legislation and technical aspects of your obligations as a landlord or letting agent to carry out right to right checks under the Immigration Act 2014. Includes:
- Understand your legal requirements before, during and after tenancy
- Be competent to make a check.
- How to avoid unlawful discrimination
- Know what to do if a tenant fails a check
- Learn how to transfer your responsibility and ensure you are legally compliant and avoid enforcement action
- Practice carrying out right to rent checks during the session
- Dates to be confirmed
Refreshments, course materials and hand-outs are all provided. Lunch is not provided.
The cost for this course is £45 per person.
If you experience any problems using the online form, contact us to arrange a booking.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – quote "Right to rent: Landlord immigration duties training"
- 01223 458050