An appeal has been made by Pace (Hills Road) Ltd, relating to the application to Cambridge City Council for:
- The demolition of Betjeman House, Broadcasting House, Ortona House, Francis House, and the rear multi-storey car park to Francis House, together with existing refuse and cycle stores; to allow for construction of two new commercial buildings of five and seven storeys respectively, providing flexible B1(a), B1(b), A1, A2, A3 uses on the ground floor and Class B1(a) and B1(b) on the upper floors.
- The construction of basement with mezzanine level to provide for building services, cycle parking and car parking for the proposed commercial buildings, cycle and car parking spaces for Botanic House and services for Flying Pig Public House.
- The refurbishment of the Flying Pig Public House at 106 Hills Road, including demolition of part single/part two storey outrigger and single storey store, alterations to elevations, construction of extension to enable level access and layout pub garden.
- Creation of new public realm and landscaping, incorporating segregated vehicular and cycle access from Hills Road, a new access to service areas and substations, and taxi drop off for both the development proposed and existing Botanic House.
An inquiry will be held online, starting at 10am on Tuesday 18 January 2022. It is scheduled to last for 10 days.
- Planning application reference: 20/03429/FUL
- Inspectorate reference: APP/Q0505/W/21/3282911
Follow the inquiry
You can watch the inquiry online using the link below. You will only be able to watch and listen – you will not be able to speak.
Contact us if you want to speak at the inquiry, and we will tell you how to participate.