Polling district review 2016/17
Every five years, we're required to carry out a review of our polling district boundaries and their polling places. The last scheduled review was in 2013.
The Boundary Commission for England have reviewed the electoral division boundaries for Cambridgeshire County Council and these will take effect at the next scheduled county council elections in May 2017. There will now be 12 county electoral divisions in the Cambridge city council area (previously it was 14). Please note that the 14 city council wards have not changed, which means the boundaries for the county council divisions and city council wards are no longer the same.
We have therefore conducted a review of our polling districts to take acount of the changes to the county electoral division boundaries. Read the notice of review [PDF, 24kB].
You can see maps and street lists of the twelve new county council electoral divisions in Cambridge City showing the new polling districts.
- Abbey Map [PDF, 3.9MB] Street List [PDF, 8kB]
- Arbury Map [PDF, 3.5MB] Street List [PDF, 9kB]
- Castle Map [PDF, 3.5MB] Street List [PDF, 8kB]
- Cherry Hinton Map [PDF, 3MB] Street List [PDF, 10kB]
- Chesterton Map [PDF, 4.3MB] Street List [PDF, 9kB]
- King's Hedges Map [PDF, 4MB] Street List [PDF, 8kB]
- Market Map [PDF, 3.6MB] Street List [PDF, 12kB]
- Newnham Map [PDF, 2.7MB] Street List [PDF, 10kB]
- Petersfield Map [PDF, 4MB] Street List [PDF, 10kB]
- Queen Edith's Map [PDF, 3.2MB] Street List [PDF, 10kB]
- Romsey Map [PDF, 3.4MB] Street List [PDF, 11kB]
- Trumpington Map [PDF, 2.9MB] Street List [PDF, 12kB]
View the updated polling station locations [PDF, 13kB]. You can also see lists showing how the new county divisions sit within the current city wards:
We have, wherever possible, retained existing polling district boundaries and their polling stations in order to ensure the boundary changes affect as few electors as possible.
The new polling districts were approved by the Civic Affairs Committee on 15 February 2017 and will take effect from 1 March 2017.