Pay for an extra green bin
Every household in the city is entitled to one green bin for food and garden waste, which we collect fortnightly.
You can pay to have up to a further three green bins, which we'll empty along with your first green bin. Fees are:
- £30 a year for each additional standard sized (240 litre) green bin
- £25 a year for each additional small (140 litre) green bin
The yearly charge is from October to October, per extra bin you have. There are no discounts or concessions.
- If ordering additional green bins, delivery may take up to 4 weeks.
- If you already have an extra green bin(s), you need to pay for it/them to be emptied.
- If you would like to order an extra green bin(s) to be delivered to you, you will need to pay for it/them to be emptied.
Once you have paid for your bin(s) you will receive a sticker to display on the bin. It's important you stick this on the back of your bin so the collection crew can see it has been paid for and know to empty it.
- Bins remain the property of Cambridge City Council.
- Additional green bin Terms and Conditions [PDF, 124kB]
Return your unwanted green bin
If you do not wish to pay for us to empty your additional green bin(s), complete this form to let us know and we will collect it from you.
Other ways to order and pay for an additional green bin
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone customer services on 01223 458282
- Visit the customer service centre