Nightingale recreation ground
The pavilion and playground are due to be upgraded. This page will be updated when further information is available.
The recreation ground features:
- Two junior football pitches – call 01223 213352 to enquire about booking
- Two free-to-use tennis courts
- A multi-use games area (muga) for year-round football and basketball
- A play area for younger children with a springy, climber, slide and spinner
- A play area for older children, with a runway, swings, spica, and rotating unit
- An outdoor table tennis table which is free to use
- A peripheral path for walking or running
- A free-to-use trim trail fitness equipment
- A community garden in the former bowling green with a nature pond, which is closed at night
- Toilets (including disabled toilets), normally open from 9am to 5pm
- A small car park with a three-hour limit
Groups that meet regularly at the park are listed on the Queen Edith's Community Forum website.
Dogs are welcome at the park but must be kept on a lead if visiting the community garden. Dogs are not permitted within the children's play area.