Our sport strategy - priorities and standards
Between 2014 and 2017, the council will address the following priorities:
- Reduce levels of obesity in adults and children
- Increase physical activity levels and reduce sedentary behaviours in targeted groups
- Increase the number of children and adults who can swim 25m unaided through targeted programmes
- Increase the opportunity for informal recreation, utilising green spaces and legacy for mass participation events.
- Increase the opportunity for doorstep sport opportunities via programmes such as Street Games and introduction of satellite clubs
These priorities are highlighted within our Sports and Physical Activity Action Plan 2015-2017 summary [PDF, 131kB]
The strategy outlines how we aim to achieve our vision of Cambridge as a city with diverse, high-quality sports services that are accessible to all Cambridge citizens, and make a major contribution to healthy, thriving communities.
- Respond to your written enquiries within seven working days
- Answer our telephones within 12 seconds
- Ensure that you are aware of our complaints procedure
- Provide a booking service that is efficient and easy to use
- Treat people in a fair and equitable manner
- Positively examine all options in order to cater for the special needs of people with disabilities who wish to participate in sports development activities
- Provide you with satisfactory information before the start of your course or activity
- Provide appropriate information on how to progress from your course or activity
- Provide you with an opportunity to feedback your comments to us
- Treat you with a high standard of courtesy and helpfulness by our staff
- Provide a high standard of service at our courses and activities
- Offer courses and activities that are perceived by users to be good value for money
If things go wrong
We always want to hear if we get something wrong, so please tell us if you have something to say about any of our services.
If you need to complain, we will do our best to put things right and make sure that the same thing doesn't happen again to you or to someone else.
You can make a complaint from our Compliments, complaints and suggestions page.