We and South Cambridgeshire District Council are jointly preparing a North East Cambridge Area Action Plan (referred to as the Cambridge Northern Fringe Area Action Plan in our Local Development Scheme). It will form part of our overall development plan for the area.
We’re asking for your views on opportunities for development of the area west of the new Cambridge North train station, together with Cambridge Science Park.
Our plans explore how this area could be transformed into a pedestrian- and cycle-friendly district, creating the opportunity for thousands of new energy efficient homes and jobs. All would be supported by new community and leisure facilities, shops, and green spaces.
Our vision: ‘North East Cambridge will be a socially and economically inclusive, thriving, and low-carbon place for innovative living and working; inherently walkable where everything is on your doorstep.’
Issues and options consultation
We asked for your views on the North East Cambridge Area Action Plan: Issues and Options 2019 Report. The report identifies the key issues, challenges and opportunities facing the area, and sets out the different ways they could be responded to.
The North East Cambridge Area Action Plan: Issues and options consultation was open from 11 February to 25 March 2019.
The responses will help inform the preparation of a draft area action plan. Further public consultation will take place in spring 2020, before we move on to the formal stages of proposed submission plan and examination.
- North East Cambridge Area Action Plan: Issues and Options 2019 Report [PDF, 10MB]
- Interim Sustainability Appraisal [PDF, 4MB] – an appraisal of the sustainability effects of the Issues and Options 2019. This is an interim stage of the sustainability appraisal that must accompany the draft plan itself at the next stage
- Equalities impact assessment [PDF, 468KB] – considers the impact of proposals on people that live in, work in or visit the area
- SCDC equalities impact assessment [PDF, 289KB]
- Statement of consultation [PDF, 2MB] – sets out the consultation process for plan making. It includes a summary of representations received in 2014, and how those issues have been considered and taken into account in preparing Issues and Options 2019
- Public notice of consultation [PDF, 192KB]
- Consultation poster [PDF, 564KB]
Cambridge Northern Fringe Area Action Plan
The North East Cambridge Area Action Plan is referred to as the Cambridge Northern Fringe Area Action Plan in our Local Development Scheme. Both councils held a jointly prepared eight-week consultation between December 2014 and February 2015, on the Cambridge Northern Fringe East Area Action Plan: Issues and Options 2014.