This summer, Cambridge can once again look forward to enjoying outdoor live music, with a series of carefully planned concerts throughout the city organised by Cambridge City Council.
Featuring an array of diverse music from local jazz and folk to the summery strains of brass bands, these concerts are all free and will take place in a variety of neighbourhood parks, including Cherry Hinton Hall and Jesus Green, on Sunday afternoons during August and September. It will be a perfect opportunity to take a picnic and enjoy a relaxing, music-filled afternoon with friends and family in the summer sun.
Cllr Anna Smith, Executive Councillor for Communities, said: “These relaxed music events, organised by Cambridge City Council, will give people a long overdue opportunity to enjoy some live outdoor entertainment, with the added benefit of the city’s green spaces at their summer best.
“As previously announced, our large-scale events are sadly not going ahead this summer, but planning will soon be underway for 2022, when I hope these much-loved events will return to the city’s calendar. In the meantime, I hope that Cambridge residents will enjoy Music in the Parks, listening to great music in some of our beautiful community open spaces. And I also hope that this will be a taste of things to come as we ease out of lockdown.”
Music in the Parks is generously sponsored by Arm, an important supporter of cultural events in Cambridge.
“Cambridge has long been a hub of creativity and it’s positive to see the return of live events to the city,” said Simon Humphrey, senior sustainability manager at Arm. “Arm is proud to be headquartered in Cambridge and we value the work done by Cambridge City Council in bringing these events to both the Arm people based here and the broader community of local residents.”
- 8 August: Cherry Hinton Hall – artist to be confirmed
- 15 August: Nuns way recreation ground, King’s Hedges – artist to be confirmed
- 22 August: Coleridge park – artist to be confirmed 29 August: St Alban’s recreation ground – artist to be confirmed
- 5 September: Jesus Green – artist to be confirmed
- 12 September: King George V playing field, Trumpington – artist to be confirmed
- 19 September: Nightingale recreation ground, Queen Edith’s – artist to be confirmed
- 26 September: Jesus Green – artist to be confirmed