RESIDENTS are being invited to try some fitness sessions with a difference at a series of special ‘glow in the dark’ events organised by Cambridge City Council in the next few weeks.
Glow Fit sessions are a blend of exercise class and party, featuring dimmed lights, UV lighting, music and glow-in-the-dark drumsticks for everyone taking part. Participants are welcome to bring along their own fluorescent clothing and accessories.
Most sessions are open to anyone aged 14 or over, on the following dates, and finish with a special Halloween event at Revolution Bar in central Cambridge (for people aged 18 and over only). The sessions take place as follows:
- Glow Fitness: Parkside Pools and Gym, Lensfield Road - Friday 5 October, 8pm-9pm (cost: £6)
- Glow Fitness: Chesterton Community College, Gilbert Road – Tuesday 16 October, 8pm-9pm (cost: £6)
- Glow Fitness: Clay Farm Centre, Hobson Square, Trumpington – Tuesday 23 October, 7.45pm-8.30pm (cost: £6)
- Glow Girls: Trumpington Sports Centre, Lime Avenue – Wednesday 24 October, 8pm-8.45pm (women only, cost: £6-£10)
- Halloween Glow Spectacular: Revolution Bar, Downing Street – Thursday 1 November, 7pm-9pm (18+, cost: £8.50 – fancy dress welcome)
All abilities and fitness levels are welcome at the sessions, which are ideal for people new to exercise, returning to exercise or just wanting to try something new.
The sessions cost from £6 per person, with a free healthy drink included at some of the sessions.
Cllr Anna Smith, Executive Councillor for Communities, said: “There are events and fitness sessions for people of all ages coming up this month. The glow in the dark sessions sound especially fun, and I’m going to try to get along to one myself if I’m free.
“The council is keen to provide opportunities like these, to help anyone get more active – with all the benefits that regular exercise can bring for people’s physical and mental wellbeing.”
Places on the sessions can be booked at https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/glow-in-the-dark-fitness-sessions. Under 16s attending should be accompanied by an adult.