Get active with the whole family in the great Cambridge outdoors with our activity trails.
These adventure trails are ideal for children aged 5 to 11 years. Each adventure includes a variety of fun challenges – at the end, you can see if you top our leaderboard.
Regardless of how you do, there’s a free gift for every family that completes an adventure (subject to availability).
- The city centre winter adventure will take 60 to 80 minutes to complete
- East Barnwell welly walk starts on Coldham’s Common and goes through East Barnwell nature reserve. It’ll take between 45 minutes and an hour to complete
- Nuns Way autumn adventure will take 20 to 30 minutes to complete
- Petersfield healthy families adventure has a nutritional and physical activity theme. It’ll take 30 to 40 minutes to complete
You’ll need to download Wildgoose’s Mobile Adventures app to your smartphone – it’s available free from Google Play and the App Store.
Look for a poster with a QR code at the beginning of each trail – scan the code with the app to get started. The codes are also linked below:
- City centre activity code [PNG, 1KB] – or use code 799636932568
- East Barnwell activity code [PNG, 1KB] – or use code 300519723102
- Nuns Way activity code [PNG, 1KB] – or use code 274424959832
- Petersfield activity code [PNG, 1KB] – or use code 928780387985
The trails are part of the Active Families county project, which is funded by Sport England’s National Lottery Fund. The project is provided in partnership with LivingSport, Cambridgeshire County Council’s Public Health team, Fenland District Council, and Vivacity Peterborough.