We’re looking for someone to lead the programme management of a complex range of service, infrastructure and construction projects.
Working as the major projects and performance officer here at Cambridge City Council, you’ll ensure that all service projects and programmes are delivered in accordance with agreed plans, budgets and quality specifications.
We have a clear vision about leading a united city and we know it is important to stay focused on the outcomes that matter.
The information on this page and further detail about the role is included in our recruitment information pack [PDF, 2MB].
The job description and person specification [PDF, 166KB] explains more about the role.
Our competency framework [PDF, 326KB] is important to us – we see it as a vital part of what makes us successful. It helps us work collaboratively as ‘one council’ and deliver our corporate objectives, and contributes to our operational plans and policies.
We employ around 850 staff directly as well as delivering services through others who are based in our shared services and arm’s length partnership arrangements.
As an Investors In People employer, we are committed to developing and supporting our staff through effective leadership and continuous improvement that supports the council’s vision.
- About the council [PDF, 119KB], including political management
Equality and diversity
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in all that we do and to eradicating discrimination and disadvantage. We want to deliver quality services in a fair and equal way to all sections of the community.
We seek to ensure that our employment policies and procedures are equitable and that our workforce reflects the wider composition of the community.
We aim to:
- Promote equality
- Challenge and eradicate prejudice and discrimination
- Respect, value and celebrate diversity
- Promote tolerance
- Provide responsive, sensitive and accessible services and information
- Ensure our workforce reflects the diverse population of Cambridge
- Develop a positive, supportive and anti-discriminatory working environment for all staff
We’re committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in employment. We aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Benefits of working for us
You’ll contribute to our vision to lead a united city, in which a dynamic economy and prosperity are combined with social justice and equality.
The vision has three main aims: to make Cambridge fair for all, to make it a great place to live, learn and work, and to care for the planet.
In return, we’ll offer you a range of family-friendly policies including flexible working and generous leave schemes.
- You’ll have 24 days of holiday per year (pro rata) plus bank holidays, rising to 29 days after five years
- As part of the Local Government Pension Scheme we’ll supplement your contributions
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from home (dependent on the role) or other office locations, and to work flexible hours
- We’ll support your physical and mental health through a number of programmes, and you can swim for free in our pools
- We’ll support your personal development with a range of training courses
- You can take advantage of our employee travel plan, including discounted rail travel and bikes available for work journeys
To apply for a position, visit Public Sector Jobs East by midday on 30 September 2019.
Your application must be tailored to the specific role you are applying for.
- 14 August: Role advertised. Application forms can be submitted
- 30 September: Closing date for submission of application forms. We will notify you of the outcome of your application shortly after the closing date.
- Week beginning 7 October: Interviews. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview.
For an informal conversation about the role, contact Alistair Wilson, Development Manager at email@example.com or on 01223 458514.