Landlord and letting agent training
It's essential that landlords and agents of privately rented accommodation ensure they manage their properties in a business-like manner, and have knowledge of the requirements of private renting and the primary legislation under the Housing Act 2004.
Should you hold a licence for a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) it's necessary to ensure the licence holder is competent and adequately trained.
Delivered by our Enforcement and HMO Licensing team, this one day course will involve workshops delivering a comprehensive understanding of the legislation and technical aspects of managing a property. The course is designed to ensure that you will be left with the knowledge to safely manage your property and will cover:
- Tenancy Management - An introduction to the legal requirements of tenancy agreements and the requirements for possession etc.
- Management Regulations - An overview of the requirements of landlord’s statutory requirements under the Management of Houses in Multiple Occupation (England) Regulations 2006, as well as Cambridge City Councils amenity standards.
- The Housing Health & Safety Rating System, (HHSRS) - An introduction and overview of the HHSRS and the 29 associated hazards; emphasis will be placed on the more often encountered deficiencies. Understanding the concept of Categories and how to mitigate Category 1 hazards in accordance with the requirements of the HHSRS Operating Guidance.
- HMO Licensing - The requirements of the HMO licensing scheme, applications, documentation etc.
- Wednesday 10th January 2018, 10am to 4pm
- Monday 2nd April 2018, 10am to 4pm
- Thursday 21 June 2018, 10am to 4pm
Lunch, refreshments and course materials/ hand-outs are all provided.
The cost for this course is £89 per person.
If you experience any problems using the online form, contact us to arrange a booking.